Awkward Confession

Desmond POV

I woke up to my friend's call. I quickly picked up the call upon the second ring not hesitating.

"Man, what's up?"

"I am celebrating my twenty-fifth year's birthday today, can you make time for it?" His voice came from the other end, making me frown.

I didn't expect him to be telling me this now. He should've told me a week before now, that way, I would have prepared a gift.

"Gosh... I can't believe you are just telling me today. Am I really important to you?" Somehow, I did not ask that question because I was angry at him, but because I wanted an answer that would make me happy.

I heard his chuckles before his response came. "Des, you know you are the number one most important person in my life. You are more than just a friend to me."

"Then, what am I to you?" I readjusted on my bed, smiling cutely.

"Des, can I call you back later? My mom wants to see me."

"Sure. Besides, I am coming over to your house in no time," I said.

He did not say anything before he hung up. Hearing his voice as the first thing of the day made my day.

Diamond and I have been best friends since our first year in highschool. He was always the perfect one, while I was the one lacking. He is from a rich family, while I was from an average family. He is brilliant, while I was a little behind him.

Up till date, I still don't know the reason he decided to keep our friendship going for ten years when there are alot of guys far better than me.

I was just a boy, who fell for his charm on our first encounter. I should have kept my distance, but I kept feeling a strange pull that drew me closer to him.

"Desmond, won't you go take your bath? Or are you not going to attend Diamond's birthday?" My mother asked.

My hazel eyes fixed on her, I replied, "Sure... but, don't tell me you were here when he called?"

"I was. I have been here for the past thirty minutes. I wanted to remind you today was his birthday and give you his favourite cookies as my gift," she said sweetly, her smile not leaving her face with dimples.

"You and cookies. Anyway, I am going to give him your gifts, Madam kindness," I said before I climbed down my bed.

I am always fond of calling her Madam kindness because she was kind to everyone she came across, even though she did not know them.

"Thank you, Des," with that, my mother gave me the privacy I needed.

I changed into my bathrobe before I headed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, then took my bath which took me forever.

After I was done bathing, I applied my skin lotion on my Ivory skin before putting on my pink T-shirt and black pair of Jeans in match with my black canvas sneaker.

"I think today is the day," I said to myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I walked into the kitchen, took the box of cookies my mom wanted to present to Diamond before I headed out.

I boarded a taxi to his house. The ride from my house to his was just thirty minutes.

Luckily, the driver was fast and there wasn't traffic congestion or else, I would have hit myself several times for going late.

"We are here," the driver's voice made me snap out of my thoughts.

I alighted from the car, paid the driver and headed into Diamond's house. The mansion always looked magnificent and fascinating.

The security who was familiar with me, let me inside without letting me wait outside.

The moment I arrived at the living room, Diamond walked up to me before embracing me into a warm hug. I least expected this from him as this was the first time he was hugging me.

"Des, I didn't expect you to come, thank you so much," he said, sounding happy about my presence. There weren't a lot of people in the living room, but I felt shy.

I chuckled at his words before breaking from the hug, trying my best not to ruin my plan.

"Why won't I? Besides, Madam Kindness made you cookies," I said, smiling as I watched his sapphire eyes brighten with excitement.

"Awwn, madam Kindness is still the same as she was for the last ten years. She just wouldn't change."

We both chuckled at his statement before we walked up to the others. He introduced me to his cousins and they did the same. They weren't harsh like other rich kids I have come across. Now I see where his cold, nerdy and respectful attitude came from.

"Des, want to try whisky?" After drinking a glass of alcohol in front of him, he asked, sounding hoarse and sexy.

My cock twitched at his question. I summoned the courage to speak even though I felt my tongue was tied.

"Can I try it in your room? I am afraid of drinking for the first time in front of everyone?"

Even though my question sounded silly, my sincerity was felt in my voice.

He leaned closely to my height before he replied, "Sure. Besides, it is so boring drinking and eating with my cousin. They hardly talk and so am I, but you are an exception to that."

He led me to his room. The aesthetic was dark and so sexy. I love everything about his room, but I felt more comfortable in mine.

His voice suddenly drew my attention, making me turn to face him, my gaze landed on the bottle and two glasses he was holding.

"Want to..."

I did not allow him to complete his statement before snatching the bottle from him. I raised the bottle to my mouth before I began to gulp down the alcohol.

"Go easy," he warned.

Even with his warning and my lungs burning, I ignored him. I did not want to feel like the country bumpkin to him, I wanted to show him my limits and what I could do.

After ten minutes, I finally dropped the empty bottle, which was once filled. My lungs, which were burning, suddenly cooled down but my head just wouldn't stop spinning.

Seeing how drunk and wasted I was, he sat me down on the bed. I raised my gaze to meet his sapphire eyes, giving me the courage to say what I couldn't say for the past ten years.

"Hey, nerd, I have something to tell you," my voice came differently, more like I was drowning and begging for help.

"What is that you badly want to tell me?" Even though my eyes were blurry, I was able to picture his face.

I chuckled at his question before I took his hands, still glaring at his rare kind of eyes. "Diamond, I like you."

"It is normal for friends to like-"

Seeing how he was misinterpreting me, I interrupted him. "Diamond, I like you! Not as a friend, but as someone I badly want to spend great time with. I love you. I have always felt this way for the past ten years!"

I did not allow him to say any words after my confession before I slammed my lips against his plump lips. I kissed him deeply, but he didn't react. I kept kissing him deep until he pushed me with all the strength he had gotten.

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BOOK BY VOTING IT. COMMENT. I PROMISE TO RELEASE MORE IF I AM MOTIVATED BY YOU ALL SUPOORTS. Let's achieve this goal!!!