Living In The Hostel #2

Desmond POV
Two days later***

Our expectations fell after my brother and I discovered we were both assigned to different hostels. His hostel was upstairs from mine.

Since we are living in different hostels with different roommates. There is no doubt, we won't be able to see each other frequently. Except if I attend their class to guide them along with their professor.

I dropped the book I was reading since it was a bit dark in the evening. I want to sleep early so as to wake up early. My professor was known for strictness, he hardly allowed latecomers to attend his classes and tests.

"Senior, I learnt you are an accounting student, right?"

Just when I was about to sleep, my roommate's silly question hit my ear. I sat up before replying, "Yes, I am."

"You are? Wow, I almost ended up becoming roommates with an unfortunate senior from the business department. Thank God I exchanged with a fresher from business dept," he said with a smile which revealed how happy he was.

I was so glad he ended up with me, at least I won't be bored. From the way he sounded, I knew he was an extrovert.

"Haha, it is nothing to be excited about. Let's get along and do boy things together," I said before I retired to my sleep.

"Wow, you sound so calm and sweet. You are the nicest senior I have ever come across. Like, I am the most fortunate freshman in this school."

I wanted to stand up and yell at him for disturbing my sleep, but I did not want to change the way he thinks of me. I suddenly want to be kind to the young boy even though I hate being kind to people.

I couldn't sleep as the light was still on, the boy was busy reading. Unable to bear the self torment anymore, I took my phone and dialed Diamond's number.

I kept calling continuously, but he wouldn't pick up. I doubt if he was intentionally doing it because he has never ignored my call, maybe he is busy.

"Senior, I think this person you are calling is ignoring your calls on purpose. I think you should call him with my number, who knows, maybe he might unintentionally pick up," the boy said, making me smile at his brilliant idea.

"Oh, I never thought of doing that, thank you," I said before I received the phone he stretched forward to me.

I dialed Diamond's number and just as the boy said, he picked up.

"Who are you?"

I hesitated before I replied to the question he asked the moment he picked up.

"It is me. It is Desmond. I-"

He was quick to cut me off with an excuse before he hung up. "I am sorry, Desmond. I am not picking your call because I am busy with something. I thought it was my professor who called."

'But school hasn't resumed fully, what is making him busy?' I couldn't help but ask myself inwardly.

"Did he hang up on you?" My roommate asked.

"He did... I almost forgot, what is your name?" I used the opportunity to know more about the boy.

"Oh, sorry, I am too carried away with talks that I forget to introduce myself. I am Louis Dante. I am nineteen, the youngest in our department. I am gay and a vegetarian," he introduced himself, sounding so confident.

Even though I knew I liked guys, especially Diamond, I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone. At first, I felt ashamed of it and wished I wasn't a human to begin with, but now that I decided to accept that fact, I felt like I could finally breathe.

"My bad, I should have introduced myself first. I am Desmond Justin. I am twenty four. The most brilliant in my department. I am gay and I am crushing on someone. I love meat, pork, beef, chicken, to name a few," i introduced myself nonchalantly.

I can't believe I felt like this was the real introduction of me. I should have been me from the start, maybe I might have one way or the other overcome the torment of my feelings.

"Oh... I have a crush too. I fell for him the moment I set my eyes on him," he said with sincerity.

I took his hands into mine before I began, "confess your feelings. Let him know how you feel, don't be scared of the outcome. I regretted not ever telling my crush how much I love him."

"Senior, I know you will end up with your crush. I am rooting for you," Louis said with a playful smile.

I chuckled at how he sounded childishly, reminding me of Ryan, my brother.

"It is late, let's go to bed," I suggested.

Louis' facial expression turned paler at my suggestion. He raised his gaze to stare at me, pains reflected in his ocean blue eyes. "I have to read and come first in my department. Everybody's hopes are pinned on me," he said sadly.

Seeing the boy who was so sweet and happy earlier so sad, I felt my heart stung. "Louis, you don't have to be too hard on yourself. You can still beat your mates, just do everything at your convenience, okay?"

"Sure. I think it is time I try being like other people. I have never hung out with people, I think it is time to do it before I become exhausted with my study and wouldn't be able to do that," Louis said, sounding sweet this time.

"Hmm, date any fucking guy you have a crush on. Have sex. Go to a bar and get wasted. Don't forget to study at least two hours daily too," I teased before I climbed my bed and shut my eyes.

I slept off faster than I thought, all thanks to the short moment I spent with Louis.

TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE THIS BOOK A READ, THANK YOU. COMMENT AND VOTE. PS: (FOR THE FIRST TEN CHAPTERS, I WILL BE INTRODUCING THE CHARACTERS.)