01

-

-

It was noon and Valerie was studying at the table. "What does that mean?" she mumbled, she tried reading it again but no sense came to her mind.

Why is being a college student hard?!, I thought it would be easier!?

Valerie just graduated and now that shes in college she expected a more easier experience, atleast.. that's what she hoped.

As she read it again someone tapped her shoulders aggressively and she flinched causing her to fall down the chair.
" Oh sorry!, i might have surprised you, I'm Hana!" She said and helped her get up.

" I'm totally fine dont worry about me!"

She stand up, she held her books and listened to Hana.

" I'm your tour guide today! Our professor assigned me to help you understand the rules and guidelines."

Valerie smiled, she proceeded to clean up her things and went with Hana to go around the school.

They walked while Hana gossips her and introduce her to many people, it was tiring for Valerie but she kept smiling.

" And that's about it!, our last destination is the basketball court but we should be careful because their playing right now."

Valerie smiled and followed Hana even tho she struggled to walk because her legs are tired.

They made it to the court and it was crowded, they could only watch and stay at the side because there's no seat available.

" As you can see all the players fan girls are crazy, sometimes I wish I could brain wash them into thinking that they should be at a zoo because their so good at being an animal"

Valerie was surprised and laughed at what she said.

Finally the match was over and the fan girls all left to follow the players, as she scans every details of the court she noticed a tall muscular guy that made her stared intensely at the guy who was minding his own business.

" Are you looking at the guy over there?" Hana asked,
" huh? Um no why would I stare at a guy.." she said and pretended to look the other way, she felt embarrassed and looked away.
" I could tell that your lying Valerie, that's jungwon, he's a play boy and always have a one night stand everyday."

Valerie was shocked, " what?, are you sure?" She asked

" Pretty shocking right?, he's everyone's ideal type." Valerie nodded and they finally went to the canteen to rest and eat.

-

As Valerie was eating, she could feel a pare of eyes staring right at her, but she shrugged it off thinking that it was nothing.

" So is there anyone your interested on being friends with?" Hana asked.
" I'm very interested about the guy in the court" She said,

" Oh um, you might wanna change your mind, you do know that he's a bully too right?" The girl said,

She nodded and proceed to eat her food, she wanted to know more about jungwon and her curiosity is making her mad.

-

The class ended, She walked throughout the hallway still feeling a bit lost, As she was about to head out she saw a girl being bullied by some guys.

They were throwing her things in the ground, while the other guy was pulling her hair, she walked to the girl and pulled her away.

" Who the fuck are you?, oh your.. whats your name again? Oh yeah Valerie, you should've left her if you don't wanna be next" The guy said and and pulled the girl's hair away from her.

" You act like everyone is scared of you, your in college and you still bully others?" She said and grabbed the girl's hand and ran, feeling scared she dragged her to a convenience store.

The guy stared at her wanting to throw her to the ground but his friends stops him.

Valerie helped the girl and treated her wounds, " are you sure your okay?" She asked.

" I should be the one asking you that, your gonna be their next target and they will make your life miserable." the girl said,

She ignored what the girl said, she didn't mind at all because her life is already miserable for her. She helped her get into a bus and waved her goodbye.

" Can I asked your name first?" Valerie said before the girl could get on the bus.
" I'm Yuri! I need to go now bye!" The girl said and ran up the bus.

Valerie smiled for the last time before going home, her social battery is slowly going down and now shes to tired to even look at people.

As for her, nothing can scare her away. Her father would always beat her whenever she made something wrong, and no one would help her, not even her brother's. That's why she hates seeing guys bully a girl because for them all girls are weak and naive.

She went to her room and locked the doors, as she was about to lay down someone knocked, she opened only to find her brother holding a hot iron curler and throwing it into her head causing her to groan in pain as it burned her skin

" My girlfriend used this and it burned her fucking hair" He said and slammed the door shut.

Why would disturb me for something that's not my fault. She mumbled.

She grabbed the drawer in her left and took out a bandaid, even tho it wasn't helping her she still used it anyways, she tried standing up and making her way to her bed, she layed down and cried before falling asleep.

Valerie's life is kinda mess up, her mother makes her go to school to ace exams and leave their house, as for her father he wants her to work and make money so that he can have it.

Even tho her life is messed up she still keeps the smile that she shows to everyone, she's kind and pure.

Is she tho?, does everyone knows her situation?, no one knows how she feels, only the sunny presence that she shows know.

Pretending and having people believe that you're okay and making it seems like you have the best life is tiring, even if it hurts her she try and try to stand up for her self.

Will I find my peace?

Can't I just leave?

Will anyone help me?

Why is my life like this?

She questioned her self, will she find the answers?

Hello! Thankyou for reading chapter 1 !, I'm sorry it's not the best but I will try to do better next time!, if you have an advice on how to write better feel free to comment here ♡.