FINAL CHAPTER

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢ 〖FINAL • ODE TO THE BLOOD〗⇣YOUR NAME

FINAL • ODE TO THE BLOOD

YOUR NAME

Light almost blinded me when I opened my eyes. I was squinting and trying to recognize the place I was in, but I failed. A little chuckle erupts, and look who owns the familiar voice. "It took you long enough." My eyes widened to see Nemesis sitting beside me, looking healthy. "Nemesis!" I yelled and jumped towards her for a hug. She hugged me back tightly as she tapped the floor beside her for me to sit.

"Where are we?" I questioned her as I sat comfortably beside her, feeling safe with her. "In my subconscious." She answered me in a way that made my brows furrow before laughing wildly.

"What kind of joke is that, big sister?" I told her that she responded with silence as she was looking somewhere else. I followed her eyes and saw what made my heart hurt intensely. "He's been fighting for almost two hours already." Nemesis informed me, as my eyes are glued to what I'm witnessing.

It was Rayne, covered with bruises and wounds. His figure is overly disheveled. His knees are on the ground, clutching his trident-like wand. "Whom is he fighting for?" I questioned, struggling to form the words.

"Me." My eyes looked at Nemesis. "Both of your magics were successfully transferred by Julius, or so I thought. They have been misinformed by the ancient scroll." Nemesis said as she got up from her feet, offering her hand to help me get up as well.

"Your body is most likely dead right now because when they took your magic, your soul was within. That's why you're in my subconscious." Nemesis explained. My eyes went back to the Rayne figure.

"The kids over there are protecting your body from the dead corpses that my body casted." She added as she pointed at the kids who are attacking the undead that are coming to me. "I don't know if your magic recognizes your body as it tries to get back to you or wants to attack you to stay out and bring chaos." Nemesis concluded that there was a possibility regarding my magic.

Silence is within us.

My thoughts are filled with Rayne, as I couldn't fathom why he'd go this far for someone he only knew for a month. I couldn't help but pull out my hair out of frustration as to why.

"Is someone able to show madness for my sake too? Aren't those your words?" My eyes widened at what Nemesis said. She smiled at me before placing her hands on both of my shoulders and giving me a light tap.

"You have to go back, [your name]. You have to live your life the way you want to and not the way someone else wants." She said it genuinely as she pointed to the kids that are protecting my body and to Rayne, who's risking his life for me.