Prologue

They will pay for this...... I will be aware of it!

I ran out of the camp, paws on the moist ground, on the limestone rocks. Blood covered my back as a wound used to be open. I hear the whispers of the trees. The bushes crow with birds and cats. Moving higher into the mountains, I headed for the starhole.

I hear greater scuffling paws at the back of me and I climb faster. As my coronary heart raced quicker than ever before, a stonewarden was revealed climbing after me. I completed climbing and jumped into the starhole. A pool of water was in the way. I fell in the water. When I grew to be unconscious, I went numb. I didn't care. I commenced sinking in the cold, silent, starry water. The stonewarden was once gone. I was once safe.

As I woke up in the starclan hunting grounds, I observed that Starclan cats had been surrounding me. Each used to be standing there. My wound was once nonetheless bleeding and the ache grew. Smiles have been shown. The cats had been closing all sides. The Starclan cats had been prouder than before. One walked up mewed: "Welcome to your leadership ceremony!". I used to be surprised. I got here to the starhole to get away from the stonewarden. But instead, I was once at my ceremony. There was once happiness here.

But again at camp, I ought to in no way have anticipated a whole lot of fury from my clanmates. After all of that, I used to be their cherished guide, and now, their leader for a short occasion in time. I used to be Frost, protector of the frost group and now Frostclan. I was once Frost, the cat who needed to have led their clan to greatness.

But no. They didn't desire me. They didn't like the blood that was once on my paws. I'd killed, and that was once all they now recognize to care about now. Rage bubbled in my chest at the thinking of the testimonies they'd share. I'd emerge as a tale.

But I managed to continue to be calm at some point during this ceremony. Starclan commenced the assembly and I started out to get my 9 lives. I was once getting prepared for my final life. The final starclan cat was once my mate and she mewed: "Welcome, Frost, my mate, my partner, and my snow cat. I usually think you would be a high-quality leader one day. With this life I give you faith. Use it well as you lead your clan in the methods of Starclan and the warrior code." She took a deep breath. "I hail you through your new name, Froststar. Your historical life is no more. You have now acquired the 9 lives of a leader, and Starclan delivers you the guardianship of Frostclan. Defend it well; care for the young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; stay every existence with delight and dignity". As that used to be finished, Starclan was chanting my name.

I opened my eyes and I was once out of the water. The stonewarden's scent used to be near. I climbed out the starhole and commenced running. Hopping off the rocks and headed for camp. The camp is no longer far, I thought.

I glanced down at my paws, and my chest, and I felt a pang in my chest. Mintkit! Weedkit!

Mintkit is my kit from me and my former mate. She was regarded precisely like her mother, in contrast to Weedkit who used to be a black ticked tabby kit. Weedkit is regarded like my sister, a lifeless loner. Mintkit and Weedkit are my kin. My ears went to my skull, shaking rapidly. No, there wasn't time for them!!

Almost close to camp, I noticed Mintkit and Weedkit's pelt. I shaked my head in fear, something crimson spreading on the ground. I realized it used to be my very own blood.

At that precise time, there used to be a snarl, and the identical stonewarden leaped toward me. I noticed the flash of unsheathed claws, making an attempt to kill me. I took a step back, however there used to be no time I used to be going to free myself and my kin from this attack. I closed my eyes, however nothing happened and I opened them again.

Then, with a fright, I saw the bloodied pelts at me. I reared in shock, attempting to see the body, I realized it used to be the kits. They blinked at me with wide, terrified eyes, and obtained her paws shakily.

"Father!" Mintkit squeaked. "We followed....Ow, this cut hurts!"

In a beat of staring at my kit's sides, I ought to inform that the cut was once painful for a one moon old kit, however fortuitously shallow. It would scar however now not kill. Then, I seemed up to meet the stonewarden, however they had been in the shadows.

"Well?!" I growled at the cat who got here out of the shadows. "Not above hurting kits, are you, Bruno?"

Bruno grinned and lifted their chin. "You recognize who I am, however you don't know what I do", he retorted, smiling at his bloodied paws. "Not many cats get to make groups however I bet I was once simply that strong. Thank the heavens I determined it, due to the fact now I can make the stonekillers improved to sooner or later rid itself of yours".

Bruno lunged at me and I attacked back. My claws clawed his tail. Taking a lot of fur off his tail. I was once close to killing Bruno.

"I'll kill you and your cult!" I yowled.

I leaped away from every other assault from Bruno. Pain from the wound got here more difficult than before. All my senses flared. Weedkit leaped forward with fury in her eyes.

"YOU ALMOST KILLED MY FATHER!" The kit yowled as she pounced at Bruno.

She was loyal however was going to get killed.

Blood ran down my face and I tracked my senses on the sound of movement. Bruno's ears had been sliced off. But he can hear. He was once crouching, prepared to strike again. I lunged.

I scared his face and his back. The blood flashed. Then, I pushed him down and pushed him down the mountain. My body was once sore, however nevertheless geared up to fight. Bruno's scream was once very loud.

I landed on the ground. Blood on my paws. Blood flowed out my wounds.

Bruno climbed up the place the kits have been at. And all I heard was once the screeching of Weedkit.

"WEEDKIT!" I screeched as Bruno ran away.

Bruno ran some distance away. With laughter in his voice.

"You're crazy Frost," He muttered. "And all these years of being friends".

My tears had been real. Rage protected my eyes. The wound bleeded painfully. I managed to restore my eyes. Bruno laughed.

"Let me have back Weedkit" I mumbled, coughing.

"No" Bruno mewed and ran off. "By the way. It's killer now."

"What happened to my sister?" Mintkit whined.

I buried my muzzle into her side.

"I don't know however she's gone", Tears have been in my eyes as I stated that.

We went again to camp and I had a clan meeting. I instructed them of my new identity and that Weedkit is gone. The cats had been unhappy and sorry for their actions. I forgive them all.

I went to sleep with a thought: Weedkit...

There used to be a pause.

Weedkit......

My senses went dark.