Chapter 8

It took an hour or two of walking after midnight for my ears to detect any sign of other people.

"Well, it's her own fault," I hear a man say as I get closer. "Really, I warned her, yet she went to her anyway."

I walk closer to where all the people are, my head down low, body completely covered in a thin but darkened gown, my hair put in the bonnet I took with me and my face covered in foundation. The only thing that feels weird is that I don't have the usual contacts in my eyes, those contacts always made me seem somewhat normal, hazel eyes with small specks of green in them. But here in Anakia, being abnormal is normal, only to its limits, I guess that's odd to think of, but it had me leave my contacts in the Human Lands. I put on gloves up to my elbows, socks up to knees even though the gown doesn't stop until my ankles and a thin black sleeveless turtleneck. It just goes to show that I will go to any measures if it means no one will recognize me.

Breathe, I tell myself, just breathe.

I am currently standing in front of the village home I stayed in for a month before they found me and pushed me out and away. My father told me that even though he loved me I was a threat to his heroism, to his Kingdom, that if I ever really wanted a chance here, that I needed to go away for some time. He cried, bawled actually, before he sent me right here. He visited only once, but that was fine, I understood why he couldn't. That doesn't take away that it still hurt me, like the sight of this place hurts me, the memory hurts me.

The knowing that when he visited me, was the moment that he began a battle with me. he had promised the people that if I won, I would get my place back in this world and that everyone would forgive and forget, and if I didn't, I had to leave these Lands forever. I fought with many people, young and old, strong and weak, but none like my father. He was strong, but not stronger, and I guess I could have won, but instead I cried out even harder every single time he hit me with a blast of whatever, I didn't even try to look at what was coming my way, I just wailed as he screamed that he was sorry, that he had to do this, that it was inevitable and that if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else that would only hurt me even more. But he was motivated and kept on shooting blasts, spells piercing the air before they pierced me, and one moment, he shot a stronger one, I didn't realize what type of blast it was and before I knew it I was on the ground, I was still crying and I let my shield go, I gave up, then he shot me one more blast and I was down. He whispered that he was sorry, that I had to go, that he would be back for me when everyone forgot, it would be but a few months, a year at most. He promised me that he'd throw as many Balls as he could and have the people of Anakia be too distracted to think about me, he kept telling me that as he carried me to the border. I was too weak to walk, and when the border was in sight because of all the blood I was spilling out of various parts of my body, I saw all the people I hurt, I saw all of them and they were cheering for my father. Then he let me go and got down on his knee. 'I'll be back', he said to me. I looked at him, for a moment I realized of what he must see, his sweet darling daughter on the ground, blood in my eyes, on my face, my hair is messed up, an eye is half-closed, my body is rigid, painted in bruises and blooded with hurt. And I felt bad for him because he did it, he hurt me, he had to do this to keep me safe. So I tilted my head and smiled, when I did, my lip sprung open and began bleeding, but I pushed through the stinging pain and chuckled. 'Promise me?' I asked him, and he smiled as well, so much that he cried along with me. 'I promise.' He said. When the people got to me, my father had already turned around, I was bleeding, but not enough for the transfer to be painless, so I cried out in pain as I slowly tried to fit every body part of mine to get through the border. The people who I hurt as well helped me by kicking me, shoving me, pushing me through.

I was a naive child back then, but I won't make the same mistakes again. I shake my head and set my eyes straight on what I'm here to do.

I step inside, sweating and feeling these shivers go over my body.