Chapter 4: Next Investigation

You called Mukuro and she answered the call.

Mukuro: "Hello. Y/N, was it?"

"Yep."

Mukuro: "Do you know what time it is?"

"No, the city's clocks are down at the moment and there's no sun here."

Mukuro: "Oh right. Well, I don't mind. So, what do you want?"

"I have a lead on where to find more clues about the Megacity. Interested in joining?"

Mukuro: "Sure. I don't have anything else going on. So, what time when the clocks are restored?"

"How about 6 PM? Good time to have a nap before going."

Mukuro: "I think I'll do that. See ya."

Mukuro hung up, and you fell back asleep. Some time passed, and the city finally got its clocks working again.

"What idiot decided to have all the clocks in the city linked together?"

You went to a library and waited for Mukuro. You looked at the news and read that the city council has decided to have an award ceremony for all the Ultimates in the city.

"I wonder how everyone can enjoy living in this place," you said to yourself. "It's not horrible, but I think I want real sunlight instead of neon and lights on everything."

From afar, you saw Mukuro walking towards you.

"Mukuro, glad you could come."

Mukuro: "Well, I found this much better than talking with everyone about how to behave at that dumb award ceremony."

"Yeah. Before we start, can I ask you a quick question?"

Mukuro: "What would that be?"

"Do you like living in this city?"

Mukuro: "That's tricky. I don't care much for this place, but I have some good food. However, I feel this place is a cage and I'm not sure I'd be okay with that."

"I just want to see what real sunlight is."

Mukuro: "Hmm, that does sound interesting. Well, I'm in either way. So, what are we doing in a library?"

You gestured to Mukuro to follow you, and you went down to the basement. You pulled out a key and it fit into a wall crack, opening a door and revealing a passageway.

Mukuro: "That's interesting."

"Ladies first."

You and Mukuro entered the passageway, and after hearing the door close behind you two, you brought out a flashlight and saw several cables and wires running along the walls.

"Well, let's investigate."