Chapter 3

Several days after making 'B' Squad, I was laying across my bed in my room thinking to myself about why Kat looked so familiar to me. As I was trying to figure out the mystery as to why she was distinguishable to me, I heard light footsteps entering my room. Recognizing who's footsteps they were, I looked up.

"What brings you to my room, sir? You're not planning on demoting me to a lower level squad are you?" I asked, hoping that he wasn't going to place me with 'G' squad again.

"No, I'm not planning on it. You're just fine where you are." said Cruger. "Just thought I should check in on you. Judging by the look you were having; you were thinking hard about something. Am I right, Cadet?"

"Yes, sir. I've been thinking a lot these past few days and my thoughts keep returning to Kat." I said to him. "She looks so familiar to me and I cant put my finger on it though. She kind of looks like the woman in my dreams I had when I was little."

"What woman?" asked the sirian.

"The one who took me to the orphanage, but I'm not really sure about it." I answered as I sit up on my bed. "For some unknown reason, the dreams recently came back."

"What kind of dreams are you having lately?" Cruger questioned as he walks over to me, sitting down on the bed. Seeing as though I shouldn't have said anything, I remembered hearing Kari tell others that talking about something like this can help them feel better.

"When I was about four, maybe five years old.....I would have these strange dreams every night of where I was being taken to the orphanage by someone. I was being carried by a someone wearing a cloak and a hood was covering their face. They were singing this lullaby to get me to sleep." I started to share with the commander as I closed my eyes, trying to remember the dreams from my childhood. I sighed before continuing. "The last dream I had of being taken ended when I was seven. Within the past couple of weeks, the dreams came back and they're more vividly than I remembered them to be."

"I see. Perhaps these dreams are trying to tell you that the hooded person in your dreams are a friend of your mother's." said Cruger. "Keep in mind, cadet, I'm just speculating."

"Fair enough." I said. "The weird thing about it though is that I don't even know why these dreams decided to come back after all these years, Commander. But if I'm speculating with you, I think they're trying to tell me something about who I really am."

"Agreed. Let me know if you do have any more of those dreams." Cruger said, standing to his feet. "I believe that these dreams that you're having will tell you more about your past than before."

I nodded in understanding and he walked out of my room. Not too long after the commander left my room, I made the decision to explore the entire S.P.D base. As I was about to turn the corner towards the command center, I noticed Commander Cruger and Kat walking towards me. Apparently they were in deep long conversation about something important. As they were approaching me, I decided to conceal myself against the wall from them to hear what they were saying.

"Kat, I understand your trepidation about having her around and I know that you mean well, but I think Gruumm will get Aurora from right under our noses whether we know it or not. I think it would be better off if we sent her to Commander Birdie and out of harm's way rather than her being safe here with us." Cruger calmly said to her. "I know that you have your heart set on having her finishing her education here and getting to know what she's like, but Aurora can finished it and her training with him. What other options are there to consider?"

"That girl means the whole world to me, Doggie. I would lay down my life for her. Its been eleven years since the last time I saw her. I know that Aurora would be extremely helpful here even if she wont be fighting Grumm on her own." argued Kat. "She would help me with what I've got going on in my lab and she can still train with the rangers."