Other Reality (one-shot)

I'll be specifying which chapters are fanfictions from this point on :)

A re-upload of an already finished fic after a heavy dose of small edits.

Summary:

Mark pays a visit to the alternate underworld and Cesar confronts crucial questions about his role as Mark's partner and protector -- with his own survival hanging in the balance.

[ Highly Suggestive / Fluff / Bit of Angst ]

...

"Pleeeeeease!"

"No, Cesar! And that's final!"

The alternate kneeled on the floor, swinging his clasped hands to the human in front of him, who had his arms crossed and a nasty look on his face.

"I swear Gabriel won't be there! He's gone into exile until the end of time!" Cesar begged, his eyes closed as he continued to screech at the top of his lungs. Trying his hardest to convince his human to go along with what he wanted, after their prior attempt at a civil discussion had gone nowhere.

Mark tapped his foot in annoyance, shaking his head and stepping back every time Cesar shuffled his knees closer to him.

"Even so! I won't take the risk! That guy is thirsty for our blood because of what you did!" He threw his arms up in the air, surpassing Cesar's shouting with his own high-pitched yell. "Besides, don't all alternates despise you now!?"

Cesar pondered for a second, then motioned his hands around slowly, ceasing to crawl and rolling his pupils around as if to follow his thought process.

"I mean, you've got to give Adam some credit here too! He was the one most involved in the overthroning, and, if anything, the others hate him thousands of times more than they dislike me! I still have some influence left in there, you know?!" He shrugged his shoulders, opening his hands towards Mark to emphasize his statement.

"Still, Ces! I have no idea what their intentions are!"

At that, Cesar got up from the floor. With a bit of difficulty, fighting for balance as he swayed from side to side. He stood in front of the brunet, arching down to be at his eye level and with long fingers wrapped around Mark's upper arms.

"They're my friends! They're not going to try anything, I know it!" The alternate persisted, rubbing his thumbs on Mark's pale skin. Mustering softly; if not a bit desperately. "They like humans just as much as I do... I'm sure everything will turn out fine."

Mark tilted his head to the side, relaxing his crossed arms and letting them fall to his hips. He averted his gaze from Cesar's saddened, tired eyes marked with dark bags underneath, so his guilt wouldn't get the better of him.

"I don't know..." He whispered, letting escape a heavy exhale.

His boyfriend reached out to gently lift his chin so they could directly stare at each other. Cesar put on a small, lop-sided smile and scrunched his brows, feeling embarrassed for having to beg his human to accompany him so neither of them would be alone; and for giving Mark the impression that he had no other choice but to comply.

It's just that, after so long of giving up all he had for Mark, he hoped that at least today they could do something romantic together, that didn't involve him going through excruciating discomfort.

"Come on, baby... I just want to show you off to my friends for a little bit..." Cesar said. His thumb supported on Mark's chin caressed his bottom lip, while his other drumming fingers slowly sneaked up to the nape of his neck. "I promise on my life that I'll protect you if anything goes wrong. Please, you have to trust me..."