Floyd's lying hiccups

John Dory opened the door to the room where he and his brother's would practice for their concert, today they were going to start practicing for the concert which they would be performing  in a few days. John dory smiled. "OK bros. Now we got a concert coming up , so we gotta practice so we can do it perfectly."

Clay let out a groan. He was starting to get tired of John dory wanting their concerts to be perfect.

Branch quickly ran up next to floyd. He smiled. This had to be it. he would perform with his brothers on stage. This was so.....

"Whoa branch. What do you think you are doing?" John Dory said. Branch looked confused. "Aren't I performing with you guys on stage this time?" He asked

John dory opened his mouth then closed it. He had to break it to branch very gently so he would not end up making his brother sad.

"Branch,um... you're not... preforming with us on stage time."

Branch looked sad he looked down.

"But I promise your time to perform with us on stage for the first time is coming very soon I promise."

"You promise?" Branch asked.

"Yes. I promise." John dory said. Branch smiled and hugged John dory.

John dory smiled and ruffled branch's hair affectionately.

Branch smiled. "Can I watch as you practice?"

"Absolutely little bro." Joh. Dory said. He then returned to his brothers. He pressed a button on a case player and found himself looking at Branch. Was he procrastinating letting branch perform with them? He knew that branch would often practice the dance moves and hum the lyrics when he was in the playpen, which was pretty cute. Branch was showing talent, he had a falsetto of gold. He showed talent, at the recording studio everyone always commented that branch had an amazing voice, and he was only one year old.

No it was too soon. Branch was almost ready but...not yet.

John dory coughed and stood beside his brothers. "Ready?" He asked.

Everyone nodded.

"The music began to play and the brothers started to sing and dance. Branch smiled as he watched imagining that he was next to them on stage performing for their fans suddenly, he began to become aware that he was really craving a cookie. He glanced at the doorway then looked back at his brothers.

They were busy performing, no way would they notice if he snuck out to grab a a cookie from the cookie jar, he would grab it quickly eat it and return without anyone realizing he was gone.

Branch snuck out of the room quietly and walked to the kitchen. He looked up and the counter. There was the cookie jar all the way up on the counter. Branch walked over to the table and started to push a chair toward the counter, he then pushed a stool next to the chair and climbed onto the stool, then from the stool, he climbed onto the chair and smiled. He reached for the cookie jar.

"OK, not bad not bad, but I feel as if we could do better." John dory said

Clay and spruce groaned. They thought they had done great why was when they rehearsed it was never good enough for John dory. Clay looked over at the dresser where he had placed his water balloons.

Spruce shook his head. "Don't do it." He whispered.

John dory frowned. "Hey, where's branch?"

"I'll go find him." Floyd said as he headed to the door. He headed to the bedroom and opened the door. "Branch, hey you in there?" He whispered. There was no answer, Floyd looked around the bedroom. There was no sign of branch, maybe branch had gone to a different room in the pod.