Chp 2: Rainbow

*One year later*

3rd Person POV

   Eliza squeezed off a round from her 1911. The bullet flew and hit the target dead center. She exhaled as she switched her pistol back on safe.

Jordan: Very nice. You only missed two of the thirty targets.

Eliza: I can do better.

Jordan: Come on, don't do that to yourself. You did great. Sure, there's room for improvement but you'll get there.

Eliza: You're right. I gotta stop being hard on myself.

Jordan: That's right. Wanna go again?

Eliza: No... No, let's grab lunch.

Jordan: Fine by me. I'm starving.

   Eliza holstered her pistol and they walked out of the range. The sun was bright and shining, hovering in a bright blue sky. It had been days since they had gone on a mission and terrorist activity seemed to slow down. It was a much needed break.

Jordan: How've you been since the last mission?

Eliza: Pretty good. White mask activity went down by fifty percent. That's pretty good.

Jordan: Good? It's great.

Eliza: Yeah. 

  The loud buzz of a chopper flying overhead startled them for a moment before they realized it was Jagers chopper returning from a mission.

Jordan: I wish I could fly.

Eliza: Rainbow pay is a lot. You can always pay for flight school, ya know.

Jordan: I would, I really would. But I don't want to. 

   Jordan laughed while Eliza rolled her eyes in annoyance. They approached the large cafeteria building and stepped inside. The interior was full of tables and chairs and there was a long counter with plates, silverware, meal options, and a drink station, similar to a buffet. The two operators went through, grabbing what they wanted and taking a seat by the window.

Jordan: Oh man, I've been craving this steak all day.

Eliza: You always get steak.

Jordan: Hey! You always get salad.

Eliza: Point made.

   Eliza pulled out a fork and began eating away at the salad bowl, her face clearly stressed and exhausted. 

Jordan: Something on your mind? You've been stressed out a lot lately.

Eliza: I'm fine...

Jordan: Come on. You can tell me anything.

Eliza: I've just been tired of this job. A lot of stress and hard work is getting to my head.

Jordan: I can't say I disagree. 

???: Disagree on what?

   They turned to the source of the voice and saw Meghan and Tina walking over with plates of food. They smiled at Eliza they took seats next to her.

Eliza: How stressful this job is. 

Tina: Oh yeah, I get that.

Meghan: Well, with white mask activity going down maybe you can request some vacation time.

Eliza: I want to but... There's this hole in my conscious. Like everything will go to hell if I leave. It's part of the reason why I haven't quit yet.

Jordan: Don't think about it too much. You're not the only operator on the job.