Chapter 41 ~ Past pt.2

Author's POV

-1 year ago-

It was Sunday and as usual Aadya had important plans- sleeping and chilling. She was on a date with her bed the whole day. She was having chips while watching Television when the phone rang.

She picked it up quickly seeing the name of the person flashing on the screen-Anjali di

"Hello di. What's up?" Aadya asked.

"Hi and the sky is up." She replied making her roll her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes. Are you free this afternoon. Obviously you are. Like your lazy ass will have plans for today. Be ready by 4PM I will come. Also we will use your car as mine has broken down."  She ordered.

"Okay captain. Now let me eat my chips in peace." Aadya said

She gasped "haww! Instead of having breakfast you are eating that piece of fried potato. Keep that aside and eat some FOOD. Now! " she yelled that Aadya had to take the phone away from her ears.

"Okay okay now stop abusing my ears. I will have FOOD now bye!!" She said and hung up and smiled thinking about her.

Finally they were sitting in the car as Anjali  insisted on driving and Aadya agreed happily.

"So what are your plans that you made me ditch my date with my bed?" Aadya asked.

"We will first go shopping as I am running out of dresses and then we will stop by a cute restaurant to have loads of food and then ice cream and... yeah that's it. If some new idea pops in my mind then we will execute that also" The elder girl replied.

"Good."

Aadya put the radio and started singing along with the songs as Anjali also joined.
Anjali applied brakes but the car did not stop as a result they went ahead of the mall. She was confused.

"Why didn't you stop by the mall?" Aadya asked.

"O-oh I think we should stop by another mall." She replied not wanting to bother her.

Anjali again tried to apply brakes but the car did not stop. It didn't take her any more seconds to realise that the brakes had failed. Horror crept in her veins as she contemplated about what to do next.

She kept taking turns driving wherever her instinct told her while Aadya was confused as heck but she trusted her. Aadya noticed beads of sweat on Anjali's forehead. The more car drove, the more isolated it was becoming.

"Di what's happening? Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yes yes I am fine." Anjali answered.

"You have been driving since past 15 mins taking turns. What's happening?" Aadya asked again being suspicious.