chapter 15: like a constellation

Angel Dust's pov:

As the days passed, I was mesmerized to see that Husk was finally getting better and that he escaped the risk of dying.

My wounds were slowly disappearing off my body, and ya have no idea how excited I am about that. I think I can finally be free.

Even if Valentino is dead now and he can't control my life anymore I'm still mad as fuck that Cherri died because of me.

I'd rather die right now than put someone else at risk just because they "care about me."

No, bitch.

Your life matters more. I'm just a fucked up loser anyway. I lost myself years ago. I don't even know what I like or what my favorite food is or any kind of this shit.

Since I can't do anything about it now that she's dead, I might as well try to find myself. Maybe I'll feel better after I succeed.

Since Husk's feeling better now.. maybe I could use a little company...? I don't think I'll enjoy being alone..

As I got my lazzy ass up from the bed, I started looking around the hotel, trying to find Husk, but instead, I spotted Charlie sitting on the floor in a corner of her room.

Since her door was wide open, I peeked my head inside and called her name

"Charlie, darlin, are you ok?" I asked, trying to figure out if she's been crying or not

"Oh, hey, Angel! I didn't notice you standing there.. I'm - I'm alright.." she said, not lifting her head up from her palms. "Why?" She asked after a few seconds, preceding to look at me.

"Charlie...." I said, entering her room and sitting on the floor next to her.  "For the past days, you've been locked up inside your room... everyone knows you're not alright.. and we're all concerned for ya..."

"Oh well.. haha..! Here I am.. see, I'm alive, unlike Valentino or Cherri Bomb, so.. I assume that means I'm alright.." she said, looking me straight in the eyes. Her read teary eyes were showing me as much pain as I saw in Husk's eyes when he saw me chained on the wall. She's really not ok.

"Come on, princess, talk to me.. I just wanna help.. what's bothering you...?" I asked, confused. I wish I knew why she's sad. No one's telling me why.

"Because I had one job, Angel, one fucking job!" She finally opened up.  "I just had to make sure no one dies. I just wanted to keep the pain and suffering away from us. I just had to keep us away from the drama.." she said while tears started coming down her face covering her cheeks in salty water.

"Wait.. ya mean when you all came to save me..?" I asked, looking concerned.

"Yes, Angel! I begged everyone not to kill Valentino because we have enough drama with heaven that I don't need hell to turn against us because we killed an overlord.. after all, he wasn't just a normal citizen of hell... of course Vox and Velvette and his other friends are gonna be pissed as fuck when they realize that Valentino's dead! I'm afraid they might come for us.."

"Oh... I get it.. but still, if Niffty weren't there, we would already be all dead.."

"I know! And I'm grateful for Niffty's help... I'm just scared of what is about to happen when the others find out... I'm glad you're alive.."

"I totally understand your concerns... it must suck to go to bed every night, praying that tomorrow wouldn't be the death of you and all your friends.."

"It really sucks..." she said while whipping her tears

"But, you know, even if all of this happened... the end is still far away from us.." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Even if we almost died yesterday, life goes on, even if Vox and Velvet want to fight against us, we can win that fight in less than a second, hell, Charlie, we fought against Heaven! A TV head demon and a little bitch should be too easy.. the thing I'm trying to say, Charlie, is life goes on either way... we've gone through too much to not be able to defend ourselves.. you don't have to worry about all this shit... you're just consuming your life instead of living the best of it.."