Chapter 6: Tyler's Story:

Going to the same college as Akira was great but it did have its ups and downs.

As soon as Akira came out to us as a Demiboy, it reminded me of how vulnerable I felt when I first came out as Genderfluid. I felt... fake. I felt like I had to make a choice. A boy or a girl. But I realised.. It didn't matter. Even if someone was 99% girl and 1% boy, that would still make them Genderfluid. But for me, I started to realise that the male label worked for me the best. And I was  (and still am) proud of Akira for having the courage to come out to me and the others.

Anyhow, as well as the positives... there were negatives.

One time, Akira and I were walking together to the cafeteria when a group of students stood and cornered us.

"Out of the way, He-She's, we were here first." One of them said with a jokey, yet stern tone, complete with a menacing grin.

I noticed Akira begin to tremble on the spot. I knew how badly situations like that affected them due to how bad the bullying was back at Collarend Academy.

I then guided Akira out of the groups' way as we entered the cafeteria to get food. Mr Winterland, me and Chase's dad, had given me a practice debit card where if I did a certain amount of chores around the house, I would get a £5 allowance per week. I had £15 on my card so I bought Akira and I a pot of tomato pasta each and a bottle of apple juice each.

But as we got through the door, I saw one of the boys from the group trip Akira up as their food went everywhere, and regrettably to Akira, they wore a white shirt that day.

"HAHA, YOU SHOULD HAVE WORN A BIB, WITTLE BABY!" One of the girls from the group laughed and pointed at Akira, who looked at me helplessly.

Huffing, I took Akira by the hand and helped them up. I glared at the group of students.

"You're in college, for goodness sake! Grow up!" I raised my voice as I guided Akira to the toilets and softened my voice. "Come on, Akira, let's get you cleaned up."

Getting to the toilets, I pumped soap onto Akira's shirt and they scrubbed the stained material with their hands. Thankfully, Akira's mum had packed an extra shirt in case Akira had spilt Pasta sauce on it anyway.

Changing into the clean shirt, Akira felt much better. But soon, I noticed that Akira was still shaking with fear.

Later on, something soon unexpectedly happened to Chase and I. We got evicted.

Our dad, Mr Winterland, wasn't able to pay the rent and the bills because they had skyrocketed because of our landlord's greediness.

Soon, me, Chase and our Dad went to Akira's house for dinner.

"So, how are you guys doing?" Akira's father asked.

It was then Dad reached into his trouser pocket, bringing out a piece of paper. "We're... getting kicked out. Our landlord was making the rent and overall bills ridiculously high to the point of me not being able to afford it." He said.

Akira then widened their eyes. "Why don't you live with us? Chase's old bedroom, meaning our spare bedroom,  has plenty of room for two more beds!"

I then suddenly rushed into Akira's arms with a huge grin. "REALLY?? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!"

Soon enough, we moved in.

As we sat down to dinner, Akira spoke.

"Tyler?" They asked. "How did you and Chase become friends?"

I displayed a warm grin. "Well... It all started 13 years ago."

"It all started then when Chase and I were toddlers. I was 4 and he was 5. We lived under Arthur Takeshi's reign. The guards that protected our territory alerted us that poachers were in sight, the kinds who were so overly obsessed with us shifters that they wanted to kill and dissect us for anything to do with our animal connections. Chase and I were vulnerable. We played outside with bugs, sticks and stones. But soon, a hunter went for us. My parents soon noticed how close they got to us and... sacrificed themselves to save us.."

A tear slid down my cheek as I spoke, my voice quivering in the process.

"Then what happened?" Akira asked.

I then continued on. "Once my parents had been killed, I didn't know what happened. Chase's mother saw and heard me cry out for my parents. Chase then, in that moment, ran to his mother and she nursed us and soon, a few days later, we were playing in the grass. We had become friends. Chase was then teaching me how to pounce from what his mother said to him. And that was the unexpected moment when he was taken by the Grieves couple and I was left alone."

Akira then hugged me. "That's a lot, I understand how you feel. Losing your parents when so young and not understanding it all until now must be so difficult and horrible." They reassured me. "I'm sure that, even though they're gone physically, they're still there in spirit and they still love you."

I grinned back at Akira. Once we ate dinner, we all went to bed. But I then laid awake in my bed staring at the ceiling.

Struggling to get to sleep, I got up and tip-toed to the window. I stared up at the sky.

"I hope Akira's right. I hope that you still love me in spirit."

Soon, from giving that reassurance to myself, I climbed back into bed, turned on my side and drifted off to sleep. But soon a vision entered my mind that I didn't expect to happen.

I awoke on grass. As I looked up, I saw the Northern Lights, the waves of colour lighting up the sky. But something else appeared in the sky. I saw two stars shine brighter than the rest as they twinkled in the colourful sky.

But as I looked in front of me, I saw two figures approaching. A man and a woman.

The man had intense, orange eyes, brunette hair and a mane-like beard. The woman had long, blonde locks and these beautiful, blue eyes that stood out in the night.

"Tyler..." The man's voice echoed. It was husk yet soft. "My... my son. I always knew you weren't destined to be a daughter. I knew all along, fy cenaw cryf."

The woman came up to me and stroked my hair. I realised I could actually feel it.

"Oh, Tyler. You've grown so much and have become so strong. We're so proud. We've watched you the whole way and we've been so amazed by how much you have grown. We will keep watching out for you, dear."

And it was then I awoke in my bed with tears that had soaked my pillow.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 22 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Therian Shifters: A New Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें