Chapter 5 (IRENE'S POV)

As I'm in Germany, before I catch up with my college I wanted to explore the whole city, it's beautiful, big and the pretty buildings all over the city kept me busy going through all the details. When I woke up in the morning I told my brother sfter hsving my breakfast and left home and now that it's 12 p.m I went to have my lunch so that I will have more stamina to explore the city. As I finsihed having my lunch I wanted to explore the library which was nearby. 

The outdoor of the library was very huge and it has few stairs to get inside and as I entered in, it was huge with all the hostorical paintings of the walls related to revolutions, the endings on each walls were painted gold in colour and overall it was looking equisite. I went to the Astronomy section as I always loved knowing about the the entire universe. It is never ending and mysterious which keeps me a hold onto the book.  

I went to the Astronomy section and oh god!, I need to get my book from the very top of the shelf to give it a read. I went to get a ladder and helped myself to get the book. Being short isn't a good choice, I wish I was a bit more taller.  I took the book and read it for a while sitting beside a huge window. 

After a while when I checked the time it was 6 in the evening. I quickly rushed to return the book back to it's place because my brother would be back to home soon and I need to prepare dinner this time.

I went to the bus stop and waited for a bus to arrive. While I was waiting there, a strange man dressed in casual outfit with a trech coast and sunglasses on came and stood beside me. At first, I did not care much about him but then he moved closer to me. I was a bit confused so I moved aside a bit. He then moved abit more closer to me and put one of his hand on my hip. I was very confused at what was happening and it was already starting to get dark. Then I quickly started to run, my hands were shivering and a chill ran down my spine. That was was still following me around, that pervert. I paused near a closed store and checked the time and it was now 7 in the evening and I was scared and didn't know what to do and I did not know whom to ask for help.

That guy was slowly approaching towards me he came to me and put one of his hand on my shoulder and the other on my hip, again. I was very nervous and my heart was beating very fast. Then a tall man in his office suit came running towards me and punched that pervert. I could'nt put a gaze on him as I was very scared and I sat down with my ears closed. I then looked up someone calling out my name.

"Irene? it's okay. Everything is fine now" I heard a familiar voice talking to me. I looked up to see it was Aiden I could not help but I bawled out my eyes and cried in tears. I could'nd stop myself and I was very afraid about what was happening. 

Aiden then slowly approached me and kept patting me gently on my back. I was feeling now less scared but my hands were still shivering. He then gently held one of my hand and was rubbing with his thumb.

"It's alright now, Irene. Come, let me take you back home." he said and I agreed and went inside the car.

"H-How did you know I was here?" I asked

"I pass by this place everytime after my work" he said.

"Look behind the back seat and take whatever you want from the cover" 

"what?" I said and did what he said. As I opened the cover there were couple of snack items which were inside.

"But...Aiden. You bought them to have for yourself. I'm going to home anyways I can have my dinner."

"You must be pretty tired. Just pick whatever you want and eat it. This heavy traffic is not going to let us through easily" he says. I nod and pick a bottle of mango juice and have it. Now that I cried so hard for a while it feel refreshing to have a cold juice.

"Thank you" I say while having a sip of the juice. Aiden said nothing and I continued with my snack.

"What were doing there?" He askes after a long gap of silence.

"I came to explore the city and after I was done I wanted to go home knowing it was time for my brother to come back and I wanted to make him some dinner. But then I was chased by a pervert"

"Irene, I understand that you are curious about exploring this new place. But you must also be a bit alert to yourself. You could've atleast taken a tourist guide for yourself" He told me looking a bit worried from his eyes.

"yes. I was careless. When I explore places I just don't indulge in anything else other than what I am witnessing and I forget everything about what I am going through and I forget myself. My mom tells me the same, to be alert when I'm too happy. But I keep making the same mistake". 

I say that and got to sleep. 

"Irene, wake up. We're back home" he wakes me up with a gentle voice. I quicky adjust myself and get out of the car.

"Thank you once again, Aiden. I'm very grateful to you" I say and leave. He leaves a soft smile on his face and waves at me.

I quickly rush inside to see my brother arranging the dinner.

"Oh look who's back!. Did you have fun?" Dami says. I wish I could say both yes and also no because of that incident. But I am now feeling a bit releived because of Aiden.

"Yes, definetly!" I say with a bright smile on my face. "I'm sorry. I thought of coming home soon and make you some dinner but I was held by the traffic". I say

Dami approached towards me and says "It's okay sweetheart, you never get to have the taste of my dishes anyways". patting my head. I smile at him and get back to my room to freshen up.

When I got freshed up and came downstairs my brother was calling me for the dinner. As we say in the table and started to have our food, he told me:

"Irene, if you ever need my help in the future no matter where you are just call me. Also, no matter whatever you're going through tell me without any hesitation and I will understand you and support you" he says out of the blue.

"Okay...now what's this all about?"

"As you're my little sister it's my responsibility to keep a check on you if you're doing fine. Although now you've become an adult, I still need to take care of you. Understand?"

"O-okay." I say not understanding what he's trying to convey. But what he told me is true, he always understands me and supports me and I should not hide whatever happens to me or whatever I'm going through.