Chapter 36

"They gave you the trust and love you desired, but gave you more pain than you deserved." - Raelynn

Author's POVᯓ★

"I am sorry for the pain I caused you; please forgive me, baby." He said as she opened the door, but his eyes could not believe it was his own as he saw her body covered in burns and blisters, and her eyes swollen. Her appearance betrayed her great wealth. Catherine and Calix are both in shock that her body was acting with such regret.

Kalvin stood up slowly, his shoulders still hurting. "Can we talk in private, please?" he asked Calix and Catherine. Both nodded and left them alone. "What is there to talk about, Kalvin?" She spoke in a low, barely audible tone. Her voice hurts him even more, so he lets Willow go and moves inside, locking the room. "Would you please sit on the couch?" He requested her. "Why? And why are you here? Aren't you bored of me?" she said in painful voice. She sat on the couch as he remained silent. "What have you done to yourself, baby?"

"It is my fucking body, Kalvin. I can do whatever I want. Why are you acting so concerned? It hurts even more than these burns." She sobs more, burying her face in her hand. He kneeled in front of her and hugged her, hiding his face on her stomach, saying, "Please, baby, I am sorry.I didn't mean any of the fucking words I said. I do not think they will be hurt this badly. I am sorry, Love. I did it because—" but she cut him off. "You...you fixed something in me--that no one else had fixed. But... you have broken more than anyone else. You had no idea what I went in through this 48 fucking hours". With a broken voice, she sobs more and more.

When he saw her broken heart, he could not stop himself from crying, "Please Caramel, I beg you." Please listen to me. "Please," he says, wiping away her tears with his hands. She nodded and wept, "Your parents and Willow were kidnapped by that fucking Christin. I could not let this cruel world hurt you again, which is why I lied about everything. You are my everything, love. Without you, I cannot even be a soul with the right to exist. I am so sorry, Caramel". He gave her a thorough explanation.

Her mouth dropped open in shock and remained silent for a few seconds as she tried to process everything. Kalvin just stared into her brown eyes, which were shines with tears, and cupped her face, saying, "You look beautiful, baby, God I love you." But she became angry and removed his hands from her face, saying, "Do not say anything you can not mean, Kalvin. I can't stand with your lies, anymore." He chuckled as he found her cute, "Caramel, loving you is like breathing to me."

"Oh, really?How did you spend these two days?" She exclaimed in rage. What is wrong with her?"I was not breathing, baby. My body simply existed while my mind aches for you every fucking second." His voice emits love in every words. Rae felt a few butterflies, but her anger overtook her: "Who knows this?" He sighed and said, "Everyone except you, love." And she starts crying again, "Am I that dumb Kalvin?" Why did you always leave me in the dark? You say everything to me after it is over? "Why am I not that trustworthy?"

"Fuck no baby. It is not like that. You are the strongest woman in the world. You overcome every  tragedy without me. I wanted you to no longer suffer, that is why, love. I am sorry," his words bring her the affection she needed. She wipes her tears, "I'm already suffered enough, don't you see?". And he looked down as guilty slapped him. "Do you remember what I wanted to say to you before everything started?" he asks her, immediately realizing that he has forgotten that in this drama. "I am sorry, Caramel. I am just --" but she cuts him off as she grabs his hands and places them on her belly. "I am fucking three weeks pregnant, Kalvin."

His world stops for a moment as she says those words because he can not believe his own ears. He wipes away his tears and smiles charmingly, "Please say that again." She sobs more, "I am pregnant, Kalvin. And I thought you found out about it, which is why you do not want me in your life. I feel so useless—" But he cut her off as he gently kissed her on the lips and moved her from the couch to his lap while sitting on the floor. He expressed his entire miserable two days in the kiss, but Rea remained motionless. She drew away after a few seconds and wept. He wipes her tears away again and hugs her, "Caramel, I am beyond this universe. Thanks for turning me into a man. I'm so blessed to have baby together."  She shook her head and said, "No Kalvin. We are not going to be together after this. I will raise this child by myself. You can marry another—"

"Shut the fuck up, caramel." Do not dare to say those words. I am the baby's father and also your husband. I am not leaving you. You are mine, and so is the baby. You can portray me as an asshole, but I do not care.This is our life; we can fix it, please," he said in a tone that made her unable to argue. But before she could argue, she felt a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. "Kalvin,Kalvin". His body tenses, "What happens baby? Are you okay?"

She shook her head. "No,God, it's pains a lot. Ahh... Kalvin, it hurts please." But Kalvin's heart skipped a beat when he noticed her bleeding between her legs, and she passed out."Caramel, fuck, please wake up, baby," he said, slowly lifting her and rushing to his car with Calix, followed by Catherine. As they get into the car, he begs her to wake up again, saying, "Please, Baby. Oh my God, please wake up". The more he cries his heart pains with his shoulder.

Once they arrived at the hospital, nurses took her to the intensive care unit. They all waited in fear and hurt. Kalvin's world is ripped apart by guilt, and his mind flashes back to those moments. He kept telling himself that everything was going to be okay. Calix informed their parents, and both arrived at the hospital. Everyone tried to motivate him, but it did not work. He kept ranting that it was his fault and that he was not a good husband for her.

After what seemed like an eternity, Doc came out and asked for her husband, "Mr Smith, if there is anything wrong with your relationship, please look after her. She is pregnant, but she went without eating for a few days and ended up with scars all over her body. She is extremely weak. She is fine right now. Please take care of her and the baby." That doctor left after delivering an invisible slap to his face. Everyone went in to see her, but he did not. He sat there with his head in his hands. After ten minutes, her parents informed her that she wanted to speak with him.

With a heavy heart, he went inside and met her with wires attached to her body. His heart can not take the pain he felt after seeing her like that. "Come here, Kalvin," she said softly and low. He moved and kneeled down in front of her. "Remove your shirt," she asked. He hesitated but removed his shirt. Her hands gently rub his bandage, asking, "Does it still hurt?" He shook his head no, and she smiled as she kissed the wound. She raises his face to meet hers, "Dr said there is a chance we will have twins." He smiles, and his world lights up again as he kisses her.

She drew away, "I need some time to forgive you," and he nodded immediately, his face filled with immense joy. "Say something, please," she fears, as he has not spoken to her. "I love you, Caramel, and I mean it baby," he said, kissing her on the forehead. 

Raelynn is pregnant, oh my god 😳...

And I'm sorry if it broke any of your interest 🤧🤧...

I'm not edited this chapter, so don't mind mistakes💀

Love you all Lovelies 💋❤️

Be safe and healthy 🤸🏻‍♀️🎀

Bye...

~♡~