Chapter 94: Crystastrophe

On the rice fields, villagers flee from Vengestone Guards, and Cole blasts a few guards away from them.

"Ha! Invincible, my butt!" Cole laughs before the guards get up "Oh no!" his car is sent flying through the air "Yikes! Uh, slight problem here."

"Hang on, Cole, ole' buddy, I gotcha!" Jay races towards him before stopping next to his car "Come on, Cole. I think it's time to get out of here! Jump on my bike!"

"Just gimme a sec here!" Cole hits his buttons, trying to get his car open.

"Cole, we have to go. Now!" Jay panics seeing the Vengestone Guards getting closer.

Nya arrives on the Destiny's Bounty and fires at the Vengestone Guards.

"You okay down there?" Nya asks.

"Yeah! But my engine is fried!" Cole replies

"Jay, can you tow Cole's vehicle back to the Sam X Cave?" Nya asks.

"Yeah, I think so." Jay answers "What about you?"

"I'll meet you there. We may have found a way to stop all this!" Nya tells them.

"That's great! How?" Cole asks.

"It's easier to just show you." Nya replies.

Meanwhile, Lloyd and Aria were on the outskirts of Ninjago with Hanabusa and Shiki. They were watching the citizens panic and prepare for the war to enter the city.

"It's amusing to watch them," Aria says. "Our Ex-Deltorians."

"How so?" Hanabusa questions.

"They all live in peace inside this city," Aria replies, eyeing the city. "Only because they hide themselves, the very thing I was trying to avoid. But what did we get in return? Our heads being cut off."

"We have my mother to thank for that," Lloyd says "Had she not made them believe we were the ones who cut them out from the world. They may have played a different hand."

"You're right, they played with the hand they were delt." Aria stood up "So I will do the same." She turns to the group "We have two cards left gentlemen, let's play one."

The ninja stood in the Samurai X cave as Wu walked in. Aria's forces were getting closer to Ninjago, and they needed to come up with an actual plan.

"So how do we stop these things?" Cole asks.

"We've discovered that our enemies have a weakness." Wu tells them "They may be impervious to Elemental Power, but not to the Oni Form."

"Oh, you mean the thing none of us have?" Reika questions.

"As you know, in the beginning, there was the Dragon and the Oni." Wu says "Order and chaos, creation and destruction. You have been taught to channel Elemental Power, which comes from the Dragon. But the Oni has an equal and opposite. And the highest form of that power is the Oni Form."

"How did you learn this?" Jay questions

"From me."

The ninja turns to see Garmadon walking into the room.

"Not him!" Jay complains "If you haven't forgotten, he sided with them in the past!"

"I saw my brother use it against the Crystal Warriors." Wu interrupts "It was most effective."

"You need me now more than ever," Garmadon says "though I do not remember ever siding with them. I do however know that I've led a battle before, I have raged war against this city. You need me."

The group was interrupted by Gale Gossip on the TV.

"The moment we've all feared is here, an unidentified floating crystal structure has reached downtown!"

"They're already here?!" Wu panics.

The ninja gathered around the tv.

"What is that?" Kai questions.

"Oh no," Wu says.

The camera pans up to show Aria and Lloyd standing atop the crystal structure. Many citizens ran in fear as a few stopped in horror.

"Many years ago, you all took our heads!" Aria shouts with a manic laugh "Well, let's see how many of you still have yours attached after they see your real faces!"

Lloyd touched the large crystal in the middle of the floating island. The crystal began sending pulses of pink energy through the city.

"No!" Wu shouts as he turns to the ninja "We need to get to Ninjago, now!"

The ninja quickly boarded their vehicles, heading to Ninjago city. Wu, Garmadon, Nya, and Reika boarded the Bounty, following after them. They raced into the town, seeing citizens run in fear, many of them with weapons.

"Woah!" Jay stopped his vehicle.

The other ninja came to a halt and stared in shock. Around them, there were beasts like they haven't seen before, some even mythical. Young and old, the beasts were thrashing around angrily while people ran away in fear.

"Sensei," Reika turns to him "what's happened?"

"Those, are the citizens of Del." Wu replies "Those, are the real them... they're monsters."