Chapter 6 - Proven

The crowd surrounding the two gangs start to cheer as they see Alwyn show up on the stage. "I'm sorry y'all, but you guys would have to take this somewhere else. No fighting allowed on Ellington!" The gang of Ellington are known for their big community feel and only uses their strength to protect others instead of using it as a way of fear or power. Alwyn then sighs as he sees the two gang's decide to fight Alwyn instead of each other. "Well at least that's a start." He starts talking to them while he takes on 7 guys at the same time. "As the leader of Ellington, my motto is to use your power for the greater good. That's what it means to be a hero!" Alwyn was able to take down 7 guys in 14 seconds, meaning it only took him 2 seconds to beat each fighter. Alwyn is surrounded by the crowd and talks with them as if nothing even happened. "Hey auntie, I'm sorry about the teapot they smashed, I'll get someone to fix it tomorrow." Hey, kiddo! Great stuff out there, wanna have some of my freshly made churros?" "Of course I would gramps! You know I'm a fiend for churros!" Alwyn had some sort of aura that shined so bright, it was blinding. I could definitely see why he got the nickname of the hero. But I totally forgot about the reason why we're here today. I yelled out to him "Hey Alwyn! I'd hate to bother you but do you mind if we talk to you about something?" Alwyn notices me and replies back "Sure! Let's talk somewhere else where it's quieter. "Sorry everyone! I'll have to leave early, looks like those guys have business with me.

We move to a nearby rooftop that shows a view of the whole shopping district. "What did you guys want to talk about?" I tell him about how the three of us are members of DeadStone and Kyle's whole plan of uniting the city together. "Alwyn, our leader, Kyle would like to make an alliance with Ellington." "That's pretty ambitious of him. Sure, I'm down for it." Sam jumps in "Wait? That's it? I thought it was gonna be harder to get him on our side." Joseph says with doubt "Dis has to be a set up, there has to be a catch in all this." Alwyn confirms what he said is true "Nope, no catches, no setups, no none of that. BUT I do have a test for the three of you guys to complete. If you guys fail this test, I will call off this alliance with DeadStone. "Alright, so what's this test you guys want us to do?" Joseph adds on "I better not do anything related to working with a team, I'm already bad at that and it got worse with this guy on my team." "It'll be like a test of strength, so don't worry! Here's the location. It's an abandoned school, members of Ellington use this place as our main headquarters. I want you guys to come here in a couple hours from now at 10 pm sharp. I don't wanna tell you guys much, just make sure you guys are there." Alwyn leaves the rooftop, leaving us more confused than ever. "I guess if that's what makes Alwyn join, then we have no choice but to attend his little games."

We arrive at the abandoned school with a couple minutes to spare before hitting 10. I take a look at the place we're in and analyze our surroundings. The abandoned school building is the first thing I notice, the walls filled with graffiti and moss growing from the roof down to the base of the school. Away from the building towards the playground and a track and field. There wasn't much light to work with, making it difficult to make out who the figures were hanging out at the playground. We started walking towards the dimly lit playground, with the light coming from a small trash can bonfire. As we get closer, a familiar sounding figure shouts out to us "Welcome to the School park! Ellington's main hangout spot!" Bonfires and lights started to turn on all around the playground and field area. We were able to see that there were way more Ellington members here than what we had made out to be. I guessed around 100 to 150 Ellington members were hanging out here tonight. Alwyn start's off the scene with a mic connected to the school's pa system. "Hello everyone here tonight! We have 3 special guests here tonight. Members of the gang DeadStone! Why don't we all show them what Ellington is all about!"

Alwyn turns off the mic and calls out to us. "Hey come up here and watch the show, I have courtside tickets!" As we climb up this play structure, Alwyn explains to us what this whole thing is. "Every night we have other fighters from other gang's test their luck against Ellington for revenge, money or glory." 3 fights pass as we watch Ellington members each one. Alwyn looks at us "Your tests start now. Dexter, Joseph, Sam I want you guys to get on the field. Joseph, Sam and I started to walk towards the field. We hear Alwyn's voice coming from the pa system, "If you guys want me to ally Ellington with DeadStone, I want you guys to prove yourselves to me! I want Dexter and Sam to fight Joseph, right here on this field!"

The three of us all look at each other surprised. After a couple of seconds Joseph breaks the silence "If dat's wat's needs to be done, then I'll do it. Come at me you two, I'll let you guys beat me up, I refuse to fight my fellow DeadStone members." Sam responded sounding confused "Hey, I thought you said you didn't trust us earlier? Now you're putting up a heroic front? "I might have exaggerated my words back then, now come at me! We need to finish this so Alwyn joins us." "Nah, I don't think so, We may not like each other Joseph, but we're comrades, I'm sorry, I can't fight another one of my own even if it means jeopardizing my mission." After saying that statement, all three of us face Alwyn and I shout at the top of my lungs "Hey Alwyn! I'm sorry but it looks like we can't play your shitty game!"

Alwyn jumped down from the 10 foot tall play structure and started to walk towards us "You're going to regret saying that Dexter!" I replied back to him "You know after seeing you take down those two gangs earlier, I had gained some respect for you. It's sad we have to fight each other when we could've been friends! Alright boys! Let's fight to our graves!" Joseph replies with a yell "We're dreamers! We're prepared to die!" Sam screams out a heavy "My blood's boiling! Together we stand! Divided we fall!" It took 14 seconds for Alwyn to take out 7 guys, meaning 2 seconds a person. That doesn't scare me one bit though! Because we're not them! We're DeadStone!

Right before Alwyn got in his stance, he says "I value trust more than anything else in the world of Dreamers."