Chapter 16

( Daniel was playing his guitar and singing a new song he wrote.)

Daniel: In the depths of my soul, where shadows dance, A yearning burns, an unyielding trance. It whispers through the labyrinth of my mind, I just wanna be happy, leave the pain behind.

( His mom comes into the room smiling while hearing her son guitar playing and singing.)

Emily: Wow honey is that a new song you wrote?

Daniel: Yeah it's called I just wanna be happy

Emily: Well it's sound amazing what's it about?

( Daniel looked at his mom with a big smile on.)

Daniel: about a boy who was not happy with his decisions and trying to make the best choices for himself.

Emily: Wow that's.... Deep.

Daniel: I know right I just want a song that I can relate to

Emily: That's good baby keep writing but do it the next day it's almost 11:00 I don't want a cranky teen in the morning going to school.

Daniel: Okay good night Mom love you

Emily: Love you too baby.

( She kissed him on the forehead and left the room and while he was about to go to bed he saw someone who he would never think to see.)

Daniel: Why is Vanessa in Baron's bedroom?

( He then saw Baron come into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist and then he saw something else, Vanessa kissed Him on the lips.)

Daniel: Oh shit.

( And after a few minutes of being shocked he went to sleep )

( The next day at the Danvers's house Eli was brushing his teeth, and all of a sudden his phone started ringing it was Hunter so he picked up, and Hunter's face showed up.)

Hunter: Eli my man how are you?

Eli: I'm doing good just getting done getting ready for school. How about you?

Hunter: Other than my mom leaving for work? Yeah, I'm doing great thanks for asking.

Eli: Isn't that her third time this week?

Hunter: Yeah that's what you get for having a mom who earns her own magazines

Eli: Just know that I am here for you bro.

( Hunter gives Eli a big soft smile.)

Hunter: Thank you E you have always been the best person for cheering people up.

(  Eli said thanks to home and then someone started knocking on the bathroom door.)

Sarah: Dam Eli other people need to get ready for the day hurry up.

( Eli chuckled and Opened the door to a very frustrated ginger.)

Sara: Finally you're done so move I have a lot to do to get ready for school.

( He ruffles her hair up and puts his arm around her.)

Eli: Sorry little sis is there any way I can repay you for this long waiting?

Sara: You let me get extra Time to get ready tomorrow.

( He softly chuckled and nodded his head.)

Eli: Yeah sure whatever.

Sara: Good now get out I have a lot of things to do to get ready today E.

Eli: Okay okay I'm going just don't take long to the point where late to school mom is driven and we both know how she drives slower than a turtle.

Sara: Yeah you're right I wouldn't want to be late to school tragic.

Eli: Hey I don't have time for your shitty sarcastic comments just go into the bathroom and get your ass ready for school.

Sara: I I captain.

( He just rolled his eyes at her and left.)

Sara: I love you!

Eli: Yeah I know I love you too!

( Hunter was in the limo scrolling on his phone board and his driver was looking at him through the mirror.)

Zane: Are you okay there buddy?

Hunter: Yeah I am okay Zane it's just that I have a lot of things going on in my life.

Zane: Like what?

Hunter: Like my dad cheated on my mom with her own sister, My parents divorced, and now my mom is working later than she did before.

Zane: Hey I know that's a lot for someone to take in but there are some good stuff you have going on.

Hunter: Like what?

Zane: Like school how is school going meet anybody?

( Hunter smiled instantly thinking of Daniel.)

Hunter: Yeah actually there's this guy in my science class his name is Daniel.

( Zane had a thrilling look on his face.)

Zane: is he just a friend?

Hunter: Well... umm.

( He looked outside and saw that he was at school.)

Hunter: Well you look at that I'm at school see yeah.

( He instantly got out of the school and started running away.)

Zane: I will get you after soccer practice.

( Hunter turned and gave him a thumb-up up as an okay and started running again.)

Zane: ( Chuckled ) Kids these days are always in a hurry.

( As he drives away Hunter is inside watching him.)

Hunter: Thank god he is gone.

( He walked to his locker and across the hallway Imogen was at her locker with Sara trying on lipstick.)

Imogen: You're right Sar red is my color.

Sara: I told you so you should really listen to often.

Imogen: You're right.

( They started talking about other makeup and Daniel came up to his soul sisters with a nervous look and Sara knew the look better than anyone.)

Sara: What's wrong Danny?

Daniel: I know something that would break someone's heart.

Imogen: What is it?

Sara: yeah tell us.

( Daniel took a deep breath and sighed.)

Daniel: I saw Vanessa cheating on Eli last night.

( Sara looked at him shocked while Imogen looked down.)

Sara: You saw what last night!