Too Deep

Jada Walker- 19

Jada Walker- 19

"Hello?" I say after Mimi picks up the phone

"Hey Whats up?"

"You know where Dante is?" I ask

"No, I havent heard from him"

"Ok ima call Davo"

"Okay, Hope you find him" She says softly before i hang up and call Davo

"Hey, You know where Dante is Davo?" I say as soon as he answers

"Nah, Ian seen him since he went to his momma's house"

"Thank You" I hang up, this is good.
its something

nobody has told me where Dante is since I got out the Hospital, it's been 3 days and i don't know where he is. im stressing and if i don't find out where he's at soon my hair might actually start falling out.

———

I walk up to the door and knock

"Hey Jada!" She says slightly shocked pulling me into a hug

"How are you baby" She steps back letting me walk in

"I'm good, healing up" I nod

"So what's up beautiful" She asks

"Do you know where Dante is?" I ask and she starts looking a little nervous.

"Where is he, I don't care if it's bad just tell me. Please" I practically beg and she shakes her head

"He was here when you was in the hospital, the police had came by and.. took him down. I havent seen him pop up in the system yet but its been three days" She says making me feel a little releived.

"Okay" I nod, now that i know where he is.

"Thank you, Ill come by later Ms. Jones" I rub her arm and walk out the house looking him up on the county website while i walk home.

"pending" I say disappointedly and deciding to get a uber there.

———

"Hello could I possibly talk to Dante Jones" I walk up to reception

"I'm sorry ma'am he's not currently allowed visitors, He's in questioning" She says and I sigh

"Please I'm Jada Walker, I- Have a seat" She motions to the waiting area and i go sit down nervously.

Maybe they'll try to use me to get something out of him, it still means i get to see him.

"Ms. Walker" a gaurd walks up and i stand up walking toward him

"Follow me" He says walking down the hall while I follow behind

"We'll let ya'll talk privately but after we need your help" He stops infront of a door nodding at me before opening it and letting me slide in.

"Jada?" Dante speaks instantly making my heart jump

"Hi" I smile walking up and hugging him

"you good?" He looks down at my stomach.

"I'm good, why you here" I sit down and he shakes his head.

"They not telling me they just asking me bout fuckin dead niggas and they hoes" he says making me get mad

"They can't have you locked in here with no fucking reason"

"Chill, they ain got nun on me right now we good" He grabs my hand and i nod

"Okay, are you okay?" I look in his eyes

"Been Better" He Shrugs

"I'm sorry" he keeps looking at my stomach.

"Dante I'm fine, you didn't do anything" I say tryna get his attention back to my eyes.

"It is, you always in danger with me" He stays still not moving his eyes.

"If I didn't love you it wouldn't be worth it. Don't worry about that, we have other things to think about" I try moving his mind off that.

"It don't change it tho, I'm not in here for nothing they just think they got shit on me cuz we got shot up" he sits up getting mad.

"Time" The gaurd opens the door waiting on me.

"Focus on what's important, it ain that we too deep to be thinking like that now baby. I love you" I get up kissing his cheek and walking out with the gaurd closing the door behind us.