6. My Wife

Sharanya was removing her jewellery sitting on the bed

Sharanya was removing her jewellery sitting on the bed. She hears the click of the door and finds Adhyansh closing the door. He walks to her and sits on an plush chair infront of her.

"Take off your ring" Adhyansh says curtly making her shift in her place. Sharanya's heart drops to her stomach and her lips form a thin line. She swallows the tears which were threatening to escape.

He is taking back the ring means he did that to just show off. He doesn't consider me as his wife' Sharanya thinks.

With a trembling hand she slips off the ring from her finger and forwards it to him with a faint smile.

"I didn't ask you to give me back" Sharanya's brow knit in confusion and she questions with her eyes.

"Take a closer look at the ring" Adhyansh motions her palm which was holding the ring closer to her eyes slightly.

Sharanya observes the ring and gasps in shock making Adhyansh grin. She trace her finger where Adhyansh's name is embedded in the ring and her heart skips a beat.

"Take a look at mine" Adhyansh slips off his ring and forwards her. She examines the calligraphy of her name on his ring.

"This so cute" Sharanya blurts out in happiness flashing her teeth.

"This is your first wedding gift. Since this ring is embedded with my name it shows that you are mine and I am yours. Remember it always" Adhyansh's deep husky voice makes her shiver.

"Another gift for you as Dadi insisted me"

"This" Sharanya smiles looking at the beautiful diamond waist chain dangling in his hands.

"Beautiful" Sharanya whisperes tracing her finger on it.

"May I" Adhyansh asks coming closer to her and she gives in. She feels on the ninth cloud since he brought something for her for the first time.

A gasp leaves Sharanya's lip as he kneels down on his one leg coming closer to her waist. Her heart races in anticipation as the cold chain touch her skin and he wraps the chain on her waist brushing his finger on her bare waist. Locking the chain he stands up on his feet.

Sharanya smiles at him and says "Mujhe aapse kuch baat karni hai" She stares into his eyes searching for any hint of anger or offence.

(I want to talk about something)

"Bolo" He sits on the bed and asks her to join to which she complies.

(Say)

"Voh mujhe kuch puchna tha aapse"

(I want to ask you something)

"Kya ?"

(What ?)

"A---aap kal raat kahan the" She asks dubiously and his jaw clenches on her question. He was never used to sharing about his whereabouts. But she is his wife and she has to know about this.