Fiery Redemption | Ashfur x Reader

Requested: N/N

Warnings: Blood and Gore. Obssesion. Ashfur being Ashfur

Sitting alone in the shadows, you watched with disgust as the ginger she-cat sauntered around with Brambleclaw

Sitting alone in the shadows, you watched with disgust as the ginger she-cat sauntered around with Brambleclaw. The affection between them was palpable, and it made your fur stand on end. You had never liked Squirielflight or Brambleclaw; they always saw the best in everyone, even those cats who would lay down their lives for Firestar or any other such nonsense.

StarClan meant nothing to you—they were just a bunch of dead cats. But you knew better than to share these thoughts with your Clanmates. How could they understand? They would never accept your view of the world, your disdain for their precious ancestors. So you kept your mouth shut and your claws sheathed, biding your time until you could make your move.

Your attention was abruptly drawn to a rustle nearby, and you snapped your (e/c) eyes to the side, spotting the mottled gray-spotted pelt of Ashfur. A smile spread across your face as you stood up, pressing your head against his shoulder in greeting. "My friend," you mewed, warmth flooding your chest.

Ashfur returned the gesture, curling his tail around your back as he settled beside you. His gaze followed yours, and he murmured, "You don't like seeing them either, huh?"

A snort escaped you. "Indeed, they're too in love. I don't like it." You dug your claws into the ground beneath your paws, expressing your distaste for the display of affection between Brambleclaw and Squirielflight.

As Ashfur leaned in and nuzzled behind your ear, a shudder ran through your body. You held conflicting feelings for the gray tom, both drawn to him and resentful of him at the same time. Yet, compared to others like Sandstorm, you found yourself able to tolerate his presence better. After all, Sandstorm was nothing more than a tail-licker to Firestar, in your opinion, always eager to please and follow orders.

Your feelings of disdain for Firestar and his followers ran deep, and it was difficult to keep them concealed from your Clanmates. But you knew you had to be careful—if they caught wind of your true thoughts, you would surely face consequences.

Ashfur's hot breath tickled your ear as he murmured, "Want to go out hunting?" A shiver coursed through your pelt, and you stammered, "Uhh, sure," before heading towards the thorn tunnel.

Just as you and Ashfur were about to leave, Brambleclaw blocked your path, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Where are you two going? There's no need for a hunting patrol right now," he said, his tone sharp.

Turning to face him, your (e/c) eyes flashed with defiance. "Take care of your own, Brambleclaw," you growled before slipping through the thorns. Ashfur snorted behind you, pressing against your tail as you both emerged into the sunlight, free of the prying eyes of the camp.

Ashfur nudged you towards the RiverClan border, but you hesitated, frowning as you stopped at the rippling water. "Wait, why are we here? I thought we were hunting," you questioned, your voice laced with confusion.

Ashfur grinned over his shoulder, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Oh, we are hunting, but we're going to hunt some fish," he purred, curling his long claws into the earth. "Just you wait, sweet girl. You're going to love who you meet here."

His words sent a chill down your spine, but you couldn't help feeling a tinge of excitement as you wondered what he had in store for you both.

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥