Ch.1

After the opening, the scene opens to show Derek and his mother Jane in the latter's car as she drives her son to school.

(Jane Foster)

(Jane Foster)

Jane: Now, sweetheart please promise me that you will be on your best behavior and that you won't get into anymore fights.

Derek: I'll try but tell that to Nancy Bobofit as she keeps picking on both Percy and Grover. She constantly bullies my friends for no reason and none of the teachers try to stop her, and so I have to be the one to stand up for them since no one else seems to care.

Jane: There's nothing wrong with you sticking up for your friends, sweetheart but we can't draw any unwanted attention to us. (Sighs) Do you know why we moved out of New Mexico and made New York our new home?

Derek: Because I had gotten into a fight with some bullies at school which I was then sent to Wilderness School in Nevada for trouble children?

Jane: No honey. It's because there are bad people in this world who will do anything to try to hurt you and the more attention that we receive, the likelihood that they will find you. So, it's best to stay hidden until you are ready. (Drives up to Yancy Academy) I love you sweetheart and if you ever in any trouble, the runestone on your necklace will protect you.

Derek: (nods his head as he looks at his necklace before turning to his mom) I love you too mom.

Derek then gets out of the car as he then makes his way towards his school while at the same time he notices two ravens perched on a tree branch as they stare at him.

Timeskip

The scene changes to show Derek hanging out with his two friends Percy Jackson and Grover Underwood as they are currently on a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art while their Latin teacher, Mr. Brunner would explain to the class the myths and legends of Greek Mythology as the pre-algebra teacher Mrs. Dodds would supervise the class. As Mr. Brunner is explaining to the class the ancient stories of Greek Mythology, Derek sneaks off and heads toward the other side of the museum where they have a display of viking artifacts as well as statues and paintings that represent the Norse Gods and Goddesses. He then takes notice of one of the statues that depicts a man holding a hammer in his hand while at the same time an old man with an eyepatch decides to walk up to him as they both stare at the statue.

???: It's always nice to see the next generation be interested in the culture of the vikings as well as learning about the legends of Norse Mythology.

Derek: Yeah. I have nothing against the Greek and Roman Mythologies, but I just feel this drawn towards the stories of Norse Mythology.

???: Interesting. So, tell me who does this statue represent?

Derek: (looks at the ancient runes on the statue as it changes into English) Thor. The Norse God of Thunder, Lightning, Storms, and Strength. He's also associated with sacred groves and trees, the protection of humankind, hallowing, and fertility.