Author's note

I originally wrote this story for ONC 2024 but I gave up after round one.

I'll still update this as often as I can though (about 1-2 times a month or more depending on how busy I am). 

Content warnings: body dysmorphia/self esteem issues, internalised racism, homophobia, mentions of parental/domestic abuse, alcohol abuse, a bit of violence and gore, oh also cousins getting married.

If any of that bothers you, this story is probably not something you want to read. And I'll add content warnings over the chapters where they're present too <3

This story is set in the general location of norway but in a fictional universe and fictional kingom. But I did use the names of some actual norwegian places, and the phrases/words that are in norwegian are real. Also it's not historically accurate. You might find some anachronisms in it (if you're the type to notice them). This story is written in British English because that's what the Norwegians use.

And finally, there's a gay character but his gayness isn't very relevant to the story and he really won't end up getting in a relationship with a guy. And there's generally no romance in this story.

With all that out of the way, I hope you'll enjoy the story :)