tree of love

Rose groaned in annoyance trying to pull up her  baggy pants' am I getting fat again', she had spent a better part of her life trying to stay trim but to no avail, it like anything she eats just goes straight to her butt, that's why she prefers big clothes, to cover up her fat body. She wore a T-shirt and walked straight to the living room where her middle age mother was having breakfast, Mrs osaretin looked up and saw her daughter and immediately frowned'Rose was this you are wearing, can't you dress like girls your age, why are you hiding your beauty beneath this hideous clothes, Rose rolled her eyes' mum I look just fine, I mean i feel comfortable that's all that matters'she glanced at her watch'shoot mum am really running late pls can you hurry up with breakfast so you can drop me at school' , 'so you are not eating breakfast' her mum asked still frowning , 'no mum, you know I don't eat breakfast, am trying to watch my weight', Rose mum stood up, took her plates to the kitchen, then she walked towards Rose'My daughter you need to learn to love yourself, just the way you are,you are beautiful and your weight is just right' Rose smiled sadly' mum am your daughter, of cause I will look perfect in your eyes, mum pls let's go am already late for school'with that she rushed of into parking lot, and waited for mum to come out too, she signed,her mum was the sweetest, most loving mum in the world, forever seeing something in her that that just wasn't there, or so she thought.
  The wind blew gently at the leaves of mangoe trees in ugbowo campus, Rose made her way towards her hostel, she just finished from her last class for the day, i can't wait for this week to be over, so I can go home for the weekend, she missed her soft big bed unlike the small bed in her hostel, not that she was complaining, she was after all here to learn not to be comfortable, she thought. She took the sharp turn and then heard voices but just one made her heart skip, Maurice, student Union president, hottest and most handsome guy on campus, Maurice is every girl's dream, ladies flock around him. 'Maurice','Maurice' , 'man of my dreams', Rose whispered,thats where he belonged , a girl like me can never have a man like that, she thought. As the voices drew near , Rose panicked, she didn't want Maurice to see her, so the she did the first thing that came to mind, she climbed the nearest tree. As Maurice and his friends drew near the tree , Rose had a very clear view of him, his shirt snug tight to his shirt, you can tell he has been working out, something her fat self cannot relate to, he and his friends are now directly  under the tree she is sitting on, and she was taken aback by how handsome he is, there was air around him,  she looked at the sky and wondered what it would feel like to kiss him, something hot rushed though her body and she whimpered, immediately footsteps stoped, she looked down and saw a pair of brown smiling eyes staring at her.

   Maurice was informed that water tanks in the female hostel were bad, hence its unable hold water,he decided to go checked it himself before letting  the university board know,he didn't want to go there alone because of the attention he gets from ladies,so he asked his friends Ben and Charles to accompany him. He decided they take the shorter route, was very close to the hostel, they got to the mango tree and was about to cross the gutter when he heard a sound, and he could swear it came from the tree.