Chapter 4

The guards took Newt and Thomas to the laboratory, were Janson was waiting for them. Just like Teresa and Aris.
"Why did you take us here?" Asked Newt confused about the situation.
"We're going to test you both" Said Teresa almost breaking in tears.
"Uhm about the testing..." Aris Started talking "You may die, or may not, who knows? Right?" He said proud but guilty.
"Wait, what? Why?" Asked Thomas. He didn't understad what was going on.
"Take it easy man, to many questions" Said Aris while doing notes in the computer.
"Well, well, it does not matter, but why us? I mean, where are the others?" Finally said Newt, Aris and Teresa stayed quiet, the did't know either, but Janson stood up, and started explaining.
"Well, you both have an emotional strong connection, that not even out better researcher, find a 'why'. And that connection is why we want to test you both, despite I need to see reaction between a sane brain and a... Uhm... Insane one, and that's why you are the perfect volunteers" he said, suddenly Newt snaped out repling.
"We are not volunteers! We don't want to do this!" Said in anger, more than ever it seemed.
"We're not doing this" said Thomas, and tried to get out but the guards didn't let him out.
"I'm sorry guys, you've got no choice" said Aris. Thomas could hear Teresa sobbing, and trying not to break in tears, but she couldn't and collapsed in the floor.
"Don't cry for your boyfriend, he'll be fine" said Aris to calm down Teresa.
"I'm not her boyfriend neither her friend. I wish I don't even know her" Thomas snapped out, with no feelings, just nothing.

The Guards took Newt and Thomas to their room and they were looked up once again.
"I can't Tommy" said Newt "I mean, I don't understand what is happening. How can we have a connection, and why do they need to see my brain? Or whaterver they will do... I'm scared! I'm freaked out" said Newt while going crazy and letting all his toughts go. Thomas stood next to Newt and grabbed his hands.
"Newt, I'll always be here for you..." He said. Thomas suddenly noticed Newt staring at his eyes, as both blushed.
"Thanks Tommy, you're a great... A great friend" said Newt, without letting go Thomas' hands. Thomas didn't know why, hearing Newt calling him friend, broke his heart in two. He didn't want to be Newt's friend, he wanted to be something more than that. He wanted Newt to be his, and him to be Newt's.
"Newt I..." Started saying, but decided it wasn't a good moment to tell him "I'm thanksful for everything Newt" finally Newt let go of Thomas' hands and put his right hand on Thomas' shoulder
"Is alright Tommy... You must sleep, tomorrow will be a hard day..."
Said Newt and went back to sleep, while Thomas just stayed thinking, of everything, and at the same time of nothing, until he fell asleep.

"Hey, Thomas! Let's get out of here!" Thomas heard, and opened his eyes to meet Newt's.
"Hey, Newt, what are you talking about? The door is locked up" said Thomas while going back to sleep.
"The door may be... But the ventilation ducts not" Thomas opened his eyes again and looked at Newt.
"I think you like the idea because your face has just litted up" said Newt and then grinned.
"Okay, how do we get up there uh?" Said Thomas still lying in bed.
"Easy. I lift you up, they you help me" said Newt. Thomas loved how Newt's eyes shined in darkness.
"Al right..." Thomas got up and standed near the duct.
"Ready?" Asked Newt and Thomas Nodded. "One, two, three!" Newt lifted Thomas up. Thomas standed in Newt shouldes ass getting off the tape and got in. Already in it, Thomas grabbed Newt hands, as he jumped and got in with Thomas.
"Hi" said Newt smiling.
"Hey" replied Thomas. Their faces were so close, they could almost kissed. Well, Thomas wished.
"We better get going before they notice we're not there" said Newt as pushing Thomas forward for him to advance.

They crawles through the ducts, until they see a Light, and stoped to see where the light came from.
"It's Minho's and Aris' room" said Newt, kind of sleepy "we should wake them, and tell them, they'll be good for help"
Thomas looked up at Newt, he couldn't forgive Aris for what he has done, but he knew Newt was right. They couldn't handle the situation both alone.
"Okay, I'll go down, you wait for me here" Said Thomas while taking the tape off. He jumped down, and no one woke up. They had a heavy sleep.
The first person he went to wake was Minho.
"Minho, wake up! We need to get out of here" Minho woke up and saw Thomas.
He Surprised replied " You know you don't have the right to interrupt my beauty sleep."
"Shut up and wake Aris" said Thomas while looking at Newt who was staring down at the room.
"Hey, shank, wake up" said Minho to Aris. Thomas remembered what happened in the Scorch, he couldn't forget his suffering.
"What?" Said Aris sleepy.
"We getting out, get up" said Minho as grabbing Aris and putting him up.
"Newt, help me" said Thomas as jumpimg to getting in, and then Aris, and finally Minho.
"What are we doing?" Said Aris confused.
"Getting out of here, slinthead" said Thomas, angry and frustated.
"Thomas..." Said Aris but Thomas ignored him. Thomas couldn't just forget about it and act like nothing ever happened. He remembered the way he felt when he saw Teresa and Aris kissing right infront of his nose. He just couldn't handle it.
"Fuck off." Thomas got crawling not knowing where exactly where he was going. He started talking alone.
"Why Thomas? Why you so stupid? Teresa didn't even loved you... Or care for you..." Saying that broke part of his heart into thousand pieces. He then stopped and tears rolled down his cheeks. He felt miserable. Someone bumped into him.
"Sorry, could you please keep crawling?" It was Newt's voice who has spoken.
"Yeah, i just-" Thomas stopped himself and continued crawilng.
"Tommy, stop it, I can't see you like that! I can't have that..." said Newt raising his voice.
"Newt" Thomas tried to calm Newt down.
"Tommy I really care about you! I bloody do! And you... You just act like... Nothing even cares to you, like is they could give you anything it wouldn't care! Tommy I don't know where would be if it wasn't for you, and you slinthead think you are useless! I... I need you... We need you Tommy..." Thomas lookied into Newt,s eyes and suddenly felt Newt's arms around him. Suddenly, Thomas felt safe, loved, important. He felt like his thousand broken pieces got back thogether with just a hug, with just a flare of love.
Thomas pulled away just grabbing Newt's arms.
"Newt... I..." He didn't know what was happening he just, started to lean on to Newt's face, when they were about inches to kiss, came Aris.
"Guys! We found a way out!" Said Aris. Thomas just got shocked.
"Um, wow, well, we should go get the others" said Newt unconfortable and started crawling straight followed by Thomas and Aris just got back to get the other ones by another way.