Chapter 10: Revelations

As Alice stirred from her slumber, she found herself alone in Chris's apartment. Glancing around, she noticed a note on the table addressed to her. "Something urgent came up at the station. Left breakfast in the microwave," it read.

Grateful for the gesture, Alice grabbed her breakfast and settled in front of the TV, only to be startled by the sudden slam of the door. Chris stormed in, his expression clouded with fury. He paced back and forth, muttering angrily to himself about the disbandment of S.T.A.R.S. and Chief Irons's possible involvement.

Alice watched him in concern, her breakfast forgotten as Chris vented his frustration. When he punched a hole in the wall, she flinched, startled by the display of anger then he noticed Alice was staring at him.

"Sorry you had to see that," Chris apologized, attempting to compose himself as he explained the situation how the S.T.A.R.S. were disbanded. That nobody was willing to help him or his teammates get justice for his fallen comrades. Chris was breathing heavily in anger and marched into his room. Then that was when she realized that she hadn't seen someone similar to Irons on the tv. She saw him a long time ago in the testing room. He was talking to some of the people in lab coats there. It was only for a few minutes but she was sure it was him.

Alice was debating if she should tell him this information now or not because she wanted to give Chris some space.

After finishing her meal and watching a couple of movies, Chris emerged from his room looking worn out. Without a word, he sat next to Alice, and they sat watching random movies while, finding solace in each other's company.

Their moment of somewhat peace was interrupted by Chris's ringing phone. It was Jill, calling with important information. She instructed Chris to come over to her apartment, and he agreed, inviting Alice along.

Arriving at Jill's apartment, they found Barry and Jill there, next to a wall that was almost filled with pictures and information. Jill asked Alice if she recognized anyone from the pictures, and Alice recognized a few and when she pointed out Chief Irons, it elicited a collective response of anger from the group while saying something like "No wonder."

As they discussed their plans, Chris mentioned the idea of heading to Europe to continue investigating Umbrella. Alice was surprised but didn't object, feeling a sense of loyalty to Chris. Barry shared his plans to move to Canada with his family, Jill said she wasn't leaving Raccoon City anytime soon, Jill also mentioned that a woman named Rebecca was also leaving Raccoon City. Alice was curious about Rebecca since they have never met before.

Then they started talking about how Brad was mostly not going to come since he sided with Irons. You could notice the disappointment in all their faces.

Chris could feel Alice's questioning behavior on him and turned to look at her and say, "You've been through so much. It didn't feel right for me to ask this of you." but Alice was resolute in her decision to accompany him. With her confirmation, Chris made the decision to head to France where the Umbrella HQ was.

After bidding farewell to Barry and Jill, unsure if it would be their last meeting, Chris and Alice left Jill's apartment to prepare for their journey to Europe, ready to uncover the truth behind Umbrella's sinister operations.