CHAPTER III

CHAPTER III... DAYDREAMING!

          𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 of Hogwarts' Great Hall, dinner was usually bustling with conversation, but today particularly so, with Dumbledore's announcement surrounding the Triwizard Tournanent and it's new students for this year

          𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 of Hogwarts' Great Hall, dinner was usually bustling with conversation, but today particularly so, with Dumbledore's announcement surrounding the Triwizard Tournanent and it's new students for this year. Alicia sat between her two best friends, Arabella and Ruelle, eating silently. While Dumbledore went on about the tournament, she stared at her plate, still trying to process the night of the world cup. She seemed to zone through the introduction to Mad-eye Moody, somebody she had only heard stories about, and a witty remarks from Pansy Parkinson, which she would have returned under usual circumstances, before being brought back to the real world by Dumbledore's scream that silenced the whole Great hall.

          "As for this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun." Dumbledore announced, his voice filled with solemnity.

          Alicia turned to her friends. "Wait, what's that?" She whispered, turning her head to look at the two girls who couldn't help but giggle.

          "I can't believe you just slept through all of that." Ruelle said, and Alicia rolled her eyes. She was about to deny those accusations, but she was interrupted.

          "She wasn't sleeping!" Arabella defended her, and Alicia nodded matter-of-factly. "She was daydreaming about Potter." She continued, earning a groan from the raven haired girl next to her. Ruelle laughed and punched her shoulder lightly, making Alicia drop her hand in her hands.

          She really wasn't thinking about Harry. Well, not really. The thoughts that occupied her mind did involve Harry but, for the first time in a while, it wasn't in the way they thought. About a year ago the only question floating through her head would be why why she was getting so worked up over a boy? Why was she thinking about him so much she couldn't focus on her goals, things that were her priority her whole life?

          Now, her only thoughts were ones surrounding the Quidditch world cup and Death eaters and the Dark mark and panic attacks and trying to find Harry and-

          "And she's doing it again..." Arabella interrupted her thoughts, and now they were both staring at her blankly, waiting for an explanation.

          "It's not about him, really, it's not. I'm just tired. And I'm trying to figure out what this Triwizard Tournament thing is. So, come on, explain." She made up a lie that seemed at least a little plausible and let her friends talk. They started talking about the new students from the Beauxbatons academy and the Durmstrang institute, filling each other in on whatever facts the other one forgot, while Alicia was listening as attentively as she could.

          "And then, all of a sudden, it started raining!" Rue explained, making dramatic hand motions, and almost hitting an unsuspecting slytherin next to her in the process.

          "I really don't understand how you didn't feel that." Arabella added, then went back to her food.

          "Really, that was wild!" The blonde continued, now with a mouthful of food. "But Mad-eye Moody came in and stopped it. You've heard all the stories about him, right?" Alicia only nodded, and Ruelle continued talking, this time about the actual tournament, not everything that came before the announcement. She looked straight ahead at the griffyndor table, something she shouldn't have done, because now she locked eyes with Harry, who seemed to staring at her for a while now. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink after the continuous eye contact, which she broke after her friend shook her awake.

          "Sorry Bella, I was just-"

          "Staring at Potter, we saw." She stated, making Alicia sigh. "You can't deny it now."

          "It's only because he was looking at me first. Also, I promise I heard everything you said about the tournament. Like how-"

          "Wait, he was staring at you first! He totally likes you. You should just go for it if you ask me." Ruelle interrupted, shaking Alicia excitedly.

          "Go for what? There's nothing to go for. He probably doesn't like me, and I don't like him either." Her last sentance made both of her friends break out into fits of laughter that may have been a little overdramatized. After they were stopped, she continued. "You done yet? Anyways, even if I did like him, which I don't, and if he liked me, which he doesn't, I'm still trying not to get into relationships. No guy is worth loosing my future career because I was so caught up on him I couldn't study."

          "But this way you're still caught up on him, it's just more annoying because he isn't you actual boyfriend. It's making me sick, Alicia." Arabella said, and Ruelle nodded after every few words. Alicia looked at Harry again, scared they would lock eyes again, but he was now talking to Ron.

          "I don't know, I'm too tired for this. We are always talking about my nonexisting love life but what's up with you guys? Are there any lucky guys I should know about?" Ruelle shook her head with a smile, but Arabella only gave them a cheeky grin, making both of them squeal in excitement.

          "It's Nott," she whispered, "but you guys can't tell anybody because nothing happened yet, it's just that we've gotten way closer and i kind of... like him" She admitted, looking over to her right where he was sitting, talking to Draco.

          "Oh, Bella, I can't believe you kept this a secret from us for so long. You'll have to tell us everything when we get back to our dorm. And don't try to leave out a single detail, I'll know." Ruelle laughed, making both girls roll their eyes playfully.