Part one

It was a warm day when she met him. You see, little Castiel had to run errands for her dear old grandma, who lived near the heart of the dark forest. Why she had decided to live there was beyond her. But, being the kind grandchild she is, Castiel had picked up anything and everything her grandma had asked for and put it all into her small oak basket.
It was supposed to be just another stroll in the woods, like it usually was. That is, until she had gotten to that beautiful bed of roses.
Castiel was walking at a steady pace. It was already past two and the sun would be down in less then three hours. She was hoping that she would have left the village by 12, but she had to collect more items than usual. But if she continued at the pace she was going now, she would arrive at her grandma's house by at least 3:30.
It wasn't too hot or too cold. But every now and then, she would get a small chill run down her spine, as if someone were watching her. That's absurd, she told herself repeatedly, no-one ever wanders into the woods at this time of the day. So she continued her small journey.
At least one fourth of the way to Granny's cabin lie a small bed of roses. These roses were beautiful treasures, they were pink and red with a white trim, like something out of a fairytale. They grew every 10 years, so when Castiel passed the small bed of flowers, she couldn't help but pick a small boquete. She had picked at least 10 when she heard the sound of a twig snap behind her. Instincts took hold and she jumped to her feet, spinning to face the stranger. She gasped.
The person who stood in front of her wore a black shirt and a frayed pair of jeans. A big poofy tail swung back and forth behind him and his brown ears twitched every now and then. His eyes were as green as the forest that surrounded them, his hair was a light brown, which was a little messy. He wore this somewhat crooked smirk as he gazed down at her.
And the only thing that ran through her mind was that she had finally met the big bad wolf who lived here.
"What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" He asked, his voice a little light and gruff at the same time.
"I-I'm visiting my grandma,"
"Your Grandma lives in the middle of the woods?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. She nods.
"Yeah, I have to run errands for her since she can't make it to the village."
"That's really nice of you, but it's very dangerous to be traveling alone in a place like this. I would gladly escort you to your Grandmother's house and back."
"Really?" Cas asked in awe. For a wolf, he wasn't so bad.
"Of course," he does a little bow, "anything for a princess like you." He replied with a smile. Castiel felt the heat travel to her cheeks.
"T-thanks," She stutters, then mentally kicks herself.
"No problem," he responds, ignoring the embarrassment radiating from her, "oh, I never got your name,"
"My name is Castiel, but my friends call me Cas."
"Castiel, that's a pretty name. My name's Dean, Dean Winchester." he offers her his hand, in which she shook it.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Dean." She says, resting her hand on top of her basket. He nods, putting a hand in one of the front pockets of his jeans.
"Ditto,"
They walked for another hour, talking and enjoying each other's company. If only boys in the village were as sweet and kind as Dean, Cas thought to herself, but then again, none of them were said to be the big bad wolf.
"How come they call you the big bad wolf?" She asked him, curiosity getting the best of her. He shrugs.
"Well, I'm not the only wolf who lived in these woods. Lets just say that the other one was a huge jerk." Dean shakes his head, "is this it?" He asks as they arrive at the old wooden cabin. Cas nods.
"Yup, that's the one." She glances around. Sensing her unease, Dean steps back.
"I'll wait out here." Cas gives him a grateful smile before entering the cabin.