Ella's Mission: The Trip

The next day, Ella is awake before the rest of the pups, and decides to finish getting ready to leave. As she packs her stuff onto her motorcycle, Tuck walks up still waking up.

"Morning Sis." He says groggily.

"Morning bro."Ella replies grinning.

"You got all your stuff ready?" Tuck asks.

"Yup" she says nodding her head."  But I'm about to go ask Ryder if I can use the big screen in the control room to call Heather to let her know that I'm coming.

"Okay, I'll be by the TV down here if you need me ." Tuck says as they head into the Lookout.

"Okay, see you later bro". Ella calls as she steps into the elevator and Tuck plops down on a bean bag.

In the control room, Ryder is on his bean bag playing on his PupPad. He looks up as Ella walks out of the elevator." Good morning Ella. Need anything?"

"Good morning. And yes, I was wondering if I could use the big screen up here to call Heather to let her know I'm coming." Ella asks.

"Sure,  let me get it set up for you." Ryder says as he gets up and walks to the screen.

After Ryder sets it up,  Ella put in the call to Heather.  It ran for a few seconds before Heather answered.

" Hello? Ella!!!!" Heather screams in surprise ."  How are!  What made you call me?   Is everything alright?"

Ella chuckles at the barrage of questions and Heather's excitement.

"Hello to you too. I'm fine. I called to tell you something." Ella responded slowly, still chuckling.

"What, do you have a boyfriend? Is he cute?" Heather asks enthusiastically, causing Ella to laugh.

"No, not yet anyway. I wanted to let you know that I'm heading to your town for a mission." Ella answered, waiting for the excited response she knew was coming.

"Really!!! Finally!! We haven't seen each other in years!!"Heather screamed, the paused as she registered what Ella had said." What mission?"

Ella glanced at Ryder who shook his head at the unspoken question.

" It's probably better that I tell you when I get there." Ella says after a few seconds." Would I be able to stay with you?"

"O-okay " Heather says perplexed yet excited. "Sure, I've got plenty of room."

" Thanks Heather! See you in about two hours!"Ella says as they end the call.

Ella then thanks Ryder for letting her use the screen and then they heads down stairs. After getting out of the elevator, she sees that the rest of the pups are awake and about to get breakfast.

"Morning pups!" Ryder calls.

"Morning Ryder and Ella!" The pups say in return.

"Who's ready for some breakfast?" Ryder asks.

"I am!!!!" Rubble yells right before his stomach growls loudly.  Everyone laughs .

" You're always hungry, dude!" Zuma says jokingly.

Ryder laughs and fixes the pups breakfast then fixes himself a bowl of cereal and sits down to eat.

"Are you going to leave after you're done eating?" Skye asks.

"I plan to,  I want to get to Heather's place before lunch, and who knows what traffic will be like."  Ella says the last part with an eye roll.

That earned a chuckle out of the rest of the pups.  Soon there was nothing left of their breakfast except a few small crumbs that were soon licked up.

"I guess I should leave now." Ella says as she starts heading to the door. The pups and Ryder follows her out the door to see her off.

"Be careful sis."Tuck says,  still worried about her leaving.

"I'll be fine Tuck!  I promise,  I'll be home sooner than you think."  Ella says as she gets on her motorcycle."  I'll call you guys tonight,  see you then!"  The pups howl and shout goodbye as she rides off out of town.

About half an hour later, Ella is about a third of the way to Malton City.  As she is riding along,  she is bopping her head to music and enjoying the countryside scenery flying past her.  Pretty soon, she enters Malton City Limits, and begins to see a gradual change from country to more densely populated areas.  About 15 minutes later,  she gets the first glimpse of Malton City since she was a few years old.

Hey, I told you I would try to make the chapters longerHope you're enjoying it so far!!!