4 | 27 | First Task + Phew

I feel so bad I haven't uploaded in a bit- I've been working like a dog fr and just had my senior prom, everyday is so busy but I will find time for my readers ofc~ * ~ *

~ * ~ *

The next few weeks before the first Triwizard Task were kinda hectic.

Quidditch was cancelled for the entire year, which really pissed off all the competitive players which included Lisa and Draco- and the friends that were going to try out.

Although Lisa guessed she did need the extra time to focus on her studies. If she tried really hard, she could be the top top student in her whole class. Severus would be really proud- even if he would never say it. She knew her friend's parents would also be proud. Draco was good at everything though, it was hard to beat him. And Granger and a couple Ravenclaws.

Her mind was still preoccupied with the tournament, but so were every other student's. Her days were becoming spent more with Harry than anyone else. He wasn't becoming as approached with various things like accusations, insults, questions, and flirts when Lisa was around him. She was getting well known for her dark and promising glare.

She was also well versed in her spells, offensive or not and a lot of students knew. If they didn't know, she would have no problem showing them.

Harry told her about his recent fight with Ron, who was being a total idiot.

"He just keeps ignoring me whenever I try to speak with him," he was complaining one day as they were walking outside of class. "He refuses to believe that I didn't put my name in there."

Lisa rolled her eyes, having heard this several times. She understood that it sucks when a best friend won't talk, but neither she nor Daphne were immature enough to have fights like this.

She didn't understand why Ron was acting so jealous, though. Harry tried everything and nothing worked. At this point, they just needed to wait it out.

He seemed to purposely try and get on Harry's nerves though. Usually, he just intentionally excluded him from everything and maybe said a sly comment under his breath, but one day he saw Lisa and Harry together once again- and it seemed like Harry didn't even care his best friend was mad at him.

On a nice day in November he was sitting outside with Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnegan, she passed by reading one of her godfather's potion's book. She was just trying to see if it would help with some kinda homework- but the potion itself was pretty interesting.

However, something struck her in the shin and she tripped hard, the book flying out of her hands and onto the ground. She regained her balance and instantly turned to look at Weasley and his little band of Gryffindors laughing.

"Watch out, Snape," Seamus chuckled. "His foot's right in front of your face if you weren't so into your homework!"

Lisa Accio'd her book to her, reminding the boys of her high education. They could use some learning, but they weren't even worth her time. "Weasley, don't you remember your little accident on the train?"

He looked confused, wondering how that had anything to do with it.

"You want me to stage another one?"

He couldn't look at anyone else's eyes as he pieced it together. "We were just joking," he mumbled awkwardly. "You should've seen where you were going."

"I was looking quite fine," Lisa said sharply. She glared at the other boys, whose laughs turned into shrugs. She waited, then turned to walk away.

"Good news is, I'm pretty forgiving." She smiled and continued. "Bad news is, my friends are not."

~

"I don't know what's up with Ron," Hermione was saying, "but he looks like Trelawney after she predicts she's gonna get jumped by Pixies."

"He tripped Lisa," Harry informed her with an angry look. "He's taking this too far."

"I agree. He's acting moronic." Hermione dismissed it and redirected him towards his task. "Remember what we taught you?"

Lisa just joined them for a few minutes and listened. She was aiding in teaching Harry some spells that may come in handy for his first task. Allegedly, he was shown what it would be. Dragons.

It was pouring down rain not too long before the task and everyone was already setting bets. Lisa didn't want to take part in it; she wasn't a gambler.

She tried hard to focus in her classes but there was so much going on. On the back side of the class, she saw Weasley being seated next to Vincent Crabbe. He looked like he would piss himself any minute.

Lisa met his eyes and stuck out her tongue. He knew now they would do anything if she had asked. Slytherins don't play about their friends getting hurt or targeted- which definitely was the case and wasn't helping the feud between Harry and Weasley.

Afterwards, she met up with Harry and the night before his task, he walked her to the dungeons.

"Remember what we taught you, and you'll be fine," Lisa warned.

Harry had a grim smile. "It's fine. I'll be okay."

She waved goodnight and had a little smile to herself as she tried to picture how the day would go.

It wasn't too far off. The next day, students were finding seating in big stands in an arena. Lisa wanted to say good luck to Harry one last time.

Harry was so nervous, she could tell. He was running his hands through his hair and absentmindedly and pacing back and forth in the tent alone. Lisa appeared slowly, and approached. He automatically met her eyes and stopped pacing.

"Remember how you tamed Buckbeak?" Lisa reminded him, crossing her arms. "I feel like you have a way with animals. This won't be much different."

He nodded and puffed out his chest, making her chuckle. Deep down, she knew she didn't have the most confidence but overall she decided nothing bad would happen. Not while she was there.

Lisa turned away, saying goodbye, and then stopped. She couldn't imagine facing something of that size at her age- how could they let him do it?

She turned around and started to hug him- but somebody beat her to the punch. Granger, slightly pushing Lisa away, hugged her friend and started to explain herself.

As it all happened, a big flash shocked them and some kind of blonde reporter appeared. "Young love!" She exclaimed at Harry and Hermione. Lisa shuffled away awkwardly, but she owed a whole lot to Hermione for saving them from that picture.

This was the infamous Rita Skeeter, who was known for writing trashy articles about people. She's already written one about Harry and no doubt this will be included. Surprisingly, nothing was said about Lisa being there, as others started filling in at the same time.

As it was hers and Hermione's turn to leave, Lisa thanked her. "You really saved me from an explanation for my father," she said gratefully. "He would have given me detention for every day of the year."

"Don't mention it," Hermione smiled. "I have an idea what your father is like. Just wanted to save some embarrassment."

Lisa left and took her spot with her friends, Daphne wondering what just happened. Of course, Lisa would save it for later. It was nothing of the other boys' interests. They were all indulging in snacks and horsing around.

By the time the Task started, Lisa was ready for it to be over. It already seemed dangerous, but then Harry's dragon showed up. And it was the meanest looking one.

She looked at Harry's disheveled figure and hoped for the best, but could barely even keep her eyes on them.

~ * ~ *
Published 4/30

Favorite snack/ treat of the series?

I've tried some but definitely Butterbeer I love a cute little beverage