14 The gardener

'We are the myth'

When Samuel finally spits out his conclusion, no one says anything. All nodded, understanding the correctness of his words. Even Leo seemed serious, too much. That means the fact was special enough to make him serious, it was a dangerous and cruel fact too.

'As the book says,' I finally decided to speak. 'It was normal for the people to find that they are a myth. If you are the myth, or else the pair prepared by the balance to make the world balanced, you have to face it, and... we've got nothing to do about that'

'Is that what you wanted to say, Sara!' Samuel shouted.

I indeed got hurt a bit because I thought he fancied me...

'What did you say first? If you need our help, we can help you. That's all you said! Now saying you've got nothing to do!! And you will be waiting until we die!'

'Samuel shut up!' Zachery threatened his brother. 'She at least let us know about what exactly has happened to us'

'The book said just the monster dies by the fight, not the person' I said. 'You'll miss the powers and weird stuff after the fight, and you will be as normal as any other'

'Shall we get to the gardener?' Susannah spoke. 'It's getting dark'

So, we went to the gardener's little house that the school had provided him. It was covered in veins and flowers. (God knows how he made them grow in just a few days!) Leo knocked on the door. We have decided not to go with the cursed ones, he could recognize them. The door opened and an old lady put her head out. She was old, pleasant, and weak. She smiled at us weakly.

'Where's the gardener?' I asked her, trying to be normal. 'Can we meet him, Mrs...?'

'Ms. Tony' She said instantly, rubbing her hands on her apron. 'Wife of Mr. Tony'

I really really wanted to say that Mrs. came for the married ones but stayed quiet.

'Hi, Ms. Tony' I said. 'Can we meet Mr. Tony? We need help fixing a plant to another plant'

That looked like a weird reason for the meet-up but it went well for the old lady. Not quite a lot.

'I can help you with that, ladies' she said, putting us in a hopeless feeling. 'Come in with the plant'

I could have gone dumb if Leo wasn't there. He said that we need Mr. Tony because this fixation would be a changing history. And we left hopelessly. It was truly hopeless. We could not even peek at this mysterious gardener, Mr. Tony, or the balance member.

I wasn't ready to take the defeat. I felt that this woman was neither the wife of the gardener nor a normal middle-aged woman. I decided to spy on this house till the gardener arrived. I gave the big green book to Leo and said,

'Go to Su's room and read this book. Tell Samuel I waited to look for Mr. Francesca'

Leo nodded and went towards the dorm rooms. I placed myself behind a bushy bush which swallowed me completely. And I waited for this man to come. The dark spread all over within a very short time. My eyes ached, staring at the door in the dark.

After about an hour, a little shadow approached the house. It came from the garden of course. He searched around carefully and knocked on the door. The door wide opened and he went in.

'Gotcha!'

I immediately went to the door and knocked. A middle-aged man who had a wig on his head peeped out from the door. He must have probably removed it as he entered and closed the door but as I knocked he had to put it back on the head.

'Guess you can spare a minute for me, Mr. Colonial Francesca. I need you now for Reece's matter more than 'The balance' does'

He was frozen for a second. My explanation was very clear and he had no reason to reject me as I know everything. He moved his hand to his head arranged his wrongly placed hair on the head and sighed.

'Well, guess it is over' He said, making way for me to enter. 'I don't know who on earth you are and how on earth you know everything what on earth I'm doing right now...'

'I feel it sir' I said. 'Exposing organization secrets'

I was happy at my success. You now see my work. The real ones. I thought that I must be the kind of woman who was about to save the world. Being dragged into problems and troubles was something that usually happened to me, even though I was miles away. I agree I put this on my head myself, I was talking about other possible instances.

'Well, come in. What are you waiting for?'

Leo was going to Susannah's dorm room, holding the big green book his sister had given him. They got to know each other very recently and did not know each other very well. Leo thought that it was the best time to have a free talk.

'What's your name you said?' Leo asked on the way. "I mean your other name?'

Susannah didn't consider it an unusual question. It's normal. 'Susannah Blackpool' she said. 'Let me guess yours... Leo Djibouti?'

Leo laughed loudly. It was his most honest, nicest heartfelt laughter that came from his heart. Very seldom. The surname he and Sara inherited from their dad is remarkable. Like a tongue twister. Talking about surnames and hobbies they reached the rooms. It was Illegal for a boy to enter a lady's accommodation, but the matron did not take care of this cute couple. She would have thought the kiddos were not engaging in unacceptable acts. Of course, they're not. They read the big green book.

Hey guys! It was a sort of long chapter and I hope you enjoyed Sara's adventures through the gardener's house! Hope to see you in the next chapter as well! Bye!

Don't forget to vote it really helps me! 

Sara_thedeaf