6. All About Trust.

You and Vaggie were woken up by loud drilling and construction noises, so you went to see what was up, Charlie was having a banner made for Sir Pentious, congratulating him on his stay so far at the hotel.

"Charlie?." Vaggie asked, however, she was busy hammering a nail into the banner while listening to music. "Charlie!?."

Charlie continued to hammer away at the nail before you paused her music.

"CHARLIE!!!." You shouted, making her turn around.

"Oh, morning, you two!." She smiled. "Hey, can one you hand me a nail from the toolbox, please?."

"What exactly are you doing?." Vaggie asked as you handed her a nail from the toolbox and she began hammering that nail in as well.

"I'm making a banner for Sir Pentious!." She smiled. "I'm just so excited that he is staying at the hotel!."

"Um... Pentious was just trying to take over the city with his weird steampunk bullshit a few days ago." You looked at her confused. "Also, do you want me to put on some coffee, you look like you've been up for four hours."

"Well first, I haven't seen him try to pull any of that here." Charlie smiled looking down at you. "And yes, coffee would be great, I stayed up for six hours."

That's when you all heard something being rolled into the room, Sir Pentious was working on one of his new machines.

"What the hell is that?." Vaggie asked, gesturing to the large-looking ray thingy he had constructed, and by he, I mean his egg bois.

"Oh, hello, purple female, kind princess, and...whoever you are because I forgot your name." Sir Pentious waved. "It's my new invention, the "Skin Flayer 11,000" I'm really looking forward to shooting the other residents."

"What?." Charlie's eyes widened. "Why?."

"Everyone is being too nice." Sir Pentious folded his arms over his chest. "Obviously, it must be a lie!."

He looked around frantically.

"I can sense they are planning to kill me, but when? how?." He asked. "I must be prepared!."

There was a knock at the hotel door.

"I'll get it." You went to open the door, and right as you reached the handle, the door swung open and hit you right in the face.

"Y/N!." Charlie and Vaggie ran over to you and helped you up.

"OW!." You held your jaw.

"Ooh, the new parts of my machine are here." Sir Pentious smiled as he slithered over to a woman holding a clipboard.

"Sign, please." She held out the clipboard to him as he signed it. "Thank you for your business, enjoy your Carmine purchase."

"Carmine?." Vaggie's eye widened as she glared at Sir Pentious. "As in Carmella Carmine!?."

She walked right up to the Serpent.

"You are buying parts from an overlord!?."

"Err, of course." Sir Pentious rolled his eyes. "She's the top weapons dealer in Hell."

"Okay, well, that stops right now." Vaggie began wheeling his giant machine away. "You absolutely cannot build weapons in this hotel, no one is trying to kill you, people are being nice because they want you to feel welcome!."

"Hmm." Pentious scoffed. "I have my doubts."

"Well, it's true." You stood beside Vaggie. "You have to trust us."