9//✨ Lunch & Conversation

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment to support this story💗
_______________________________________

Today everybody in the company is walking on egg shells because they don't want to lose their jobs. A few have already lost their jobs and have been thrown out of the company because of their simple mistakes.

Apparantly, their boss Mr. Shivansh Singh Rathore is not in good mood today as it can be seen because of the atmosphere in the company. Usually, everyone stay in their happy moods because they get paid pretty well for doing their jobs. Not only that, their boss may be a cold hearted person but he never fires anyone for small mistakes. However, today no one is sure who's job will be gone next.

"Why is this coffee not hot enough, Miss Tara?" Shivansh shouts angrily although anyone can see the steam coming out of the cup.

"B-B-But the coffee is hot?" Tara says more like asks in nervousness.

"How dare-" Shivansh's yelling stops midway when there a knock on the door. So, he shouts for the person to enter. Much to his surprise, it's none other than Jivika who has opened the door and standing there with a lunch box in her hands.

Tara's eyes narrows seeing the new person and most importantly how her boss has stopped yelling because he is busy looking at the unknown girl. So, she clears her throat as she isn't liking the way her boss is giving his full attention to the girl.

"Who are you?" Tara asks quite rudely which doesn't go unnoticed by Shivansh.

"She is a family member." Shivansh replies without thinking about his choice of words. He then looks at Jivika who is still standing in the doorway.

"You can come inside, Jivika." Shivansh says looking at the petite girl who slowly walks inside the cabin.

"Umm, I have brought lunch for you." Jivika mumbles not making eye contact with Shivansh.

"Okay, then go sit on that couch. I will just wash my hands and join you." Shivansh replies gently pointing to the couch which is available in the cabin.

Jivika nods her head and walks towards the couch before sitting on it before putting the lunch box on the centre table in front of it.

Tara can't believe her ears because this is her first time seeing Shivansh behaving so gently with a girl beside his sister. She looks at the girl who is sitting on the couch and feel jealousy bubbles inside her like lava. Shivansh never has lunch with her but he isn't rejecting this simple looking girl.

"Miss Tara, you should go and have your lunch too." Shivansh says and this time again Tara gets shocked because a few minutes ago he was yelling at her. But she decides not to say anything and leave the room silently.

Shivansh then goes inside the small washroom that he has in the cabin and after washing his hands, he walks out of there. He notices that Jivika has already started to serve lunch on a plate. So, he sits on the spare couch trying not to overwhelm her because he can see that she is quite nervous to be here.

Jivika hands him the plate which he takes and starts eating silently. But one question keeps coming to his mind so he decides to ask.

"Why have you brought the lunch? I mean how do you know where the company is?" I ask.

"Riti and I were going for shopping after breakfast. But then she got a business call so we got late and then Taiji told us not to leave without having lunch. Also, to take your lunch with us because you would be late tonight to reach home. However, when we reach this floor Riti again gets a phone call so she instructs me to come here with the lunch box." Jivika narrates everything in a go while Shivansh finds it adorable.

"Did you have lunch?" Shivansh asks after taking another bite of the food.

"Yes, Taiji wasn't letting us leave without having lunch. Although Riti told her that we would have lunch outside." Jivika replies.

Some time pass and by now Shivansh is done with the lunch. So, he goes into the washroom to wash his inside. But when he comes back he sees that Jivika is in deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" Shivansh asks making Jivika startles.

"Can I ask you something?" Jivika asks looking hesitate.

"Go ahead." Shivansh replies wanting to know what's going on that little head.

"Are you a real king?" Jivika asks innocently tilting her head slightly.

Shivansh looks at the cute gesture of Jivika who doesn't even know how adorable he is looking. He can't believe he is using these kinds of words for someone, especially a girl. But everything aside, he decides to focus on the conversation because this is the first time both are talking to each other properly.

"Yes, I am but why are you asking this suddenly?" Shivansh replies.

"Umm, I never saw you wear the clothes a king usually wears." Jivika replies looking fully confused. Because she remembers reading in her school books about king, queen, kingdoms but the man in front of her doesn't match the narrations she has read.

"And what type of clothes a king should wear?" Shivansh asks feeling amused.

"I have read in my school books about king's wearing traditional clothes all the time with heavy jewelries and a big crown on top of his head. But you don't do anything of them then how can you be a king?" Jivika lets out and unknowingly her lips turn into a pout.

"Whatever you're saying is true but it used to happen many years ago. But now people have become modern and with that the old customs have changed too. So, that's why I wear normal clothes like everybody does." Shivansh replies as simply as he can because he can feel that Jivika doesn't have much idea about modern society.

On the other hand, Ritika is still busy talking on the phone and the person from the other side instructing her what to do next. Although she wants to object but she knows whatever is happening is for the best for both persons.

Finally, she cuts the call and then walks near her big brother's cabin. But she doesn't enter when she hears the voices inside which belongs to her big brother and her best friend. She smiles mischievously because it seems the plan is working properly. She clears her throat after sometime before entering the cabin to let the two inside know her presence.

"Bhaiya, are you done having lunch?" Ritika asks although she can see the empty plate on the table.

"Hmm but who were you talking for so long?" Shivansh asks getting up from the couch.

"A client." Ritika replies confidently but still Shivansh looks at her suspiciously.

"Are you sure?" Shivansh asks not satisfied with her answer.

"Of course, why will I lie to you?" Ritika asks appearing innocent.

"Okay if you say so." Shivansh says sitting on his chair.

"Bhaiya, we will be taking our leave. I am taking Jivi shopping and I am going to buy her new colourful clothes." Ritika informs.

"Okay, bye." That's all Shivansh replies already getting busy reading a file.

Ritika rolls her eyes at her brother's lack of response and leave the cabin taking Jivika along with her.

••••••••••••••••••••******•••••••••••••••••••••

I got my period yesterday and due to excessive pain, I couldn't write a new chapter.

Now, what do you think Ritika and the one with whom she is talking on the phone planning?

Have you enjoyed the conversation between Shivansh and Jivika?

The next update will be tomorrow and don't worry this time I won't be late. Because I have already started writing the next chapter and by any chance I can complete it today, then I will publish that chapter by tonight.

Please don't hesitate to vote and comment. Also, follow me to get the latest notifications regarding the story.