20.

L E T T E R S 📮

💌  💌  💌

Taehyung wiped the tears that left his eyes as he closed the wooden box that was full of the letters he read.

He couldn't believe, all these days jungkook was in love with him and he was a fool to not recognize his feelings for jungkook any sooner.

And now, as realised his feelings; the said boy was no more.

The horrible moments were still alive in his mind, the way he witnessed the death of a person, who was his first and last love. He wish, it was all a bad dream.

He wished. . .

Flashback;

"Taetae!!!"

Taehyung lifted his head up from his phone as he glanced at the bunny boy who's grin widened as he looked ar him.

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle when he saw how jungkook raised his hands up showing the ice cream cones held in his hand. In one hand he had a chocolate cone and in the other one a mint chocolate.

Jungkook stepped on the road after he made sure that the vehicles weren't passing by. And taehyung there was looking at jungkook who was crossing the road to make sure he was safe.

For some reason, jungkook was a lot energetic and cheerful. He was more like excited for something. Maybe there was something he wanted to say? But what? That's the question which made taehyung a little curious to get to know about it. He just hoped jungkook tells him what was it at the end of their small friendly date.

While crossing the road, for once, jungkook looked at taehyung and smiled. The smile somehow felt as if it were the last time he was going to see this smile and then is when it happend.

The sound of tires were heard and before jungkook could even move, the car hit him with a speed. His body flew and got thrown over on the hard concrete floor.

His head started to bleed and he started to cough and chock on his own blood.

The phone taehyung had in his hand, slipped down from there as he ran over to jungkook. He layed his head on his lap not caring about his clothes that were now covered with blood. He started to pat jungkook's cheeks and his eyes filled with tears.

"Jungkook! Please, please not you too. Please jungkook!"

He cried out as he watched the younger one struggle to breath. And soon everything stopped. The struggle to live, to be alive, everything stopped. Not a single heart beat was left in him anymore.

The ambulance came and took jungkook's body on the stretcher. The doctors tried for the last time but nothing happened. The doctor looked at taehyung and shook his head, closing jungkook's eyes.

They took his body to the hospital.

•  •  •

"Mr. Kim, we got this from his pocket. You might would want to take a look at it."

The doctors handed him the letter and went away.

Upon getting the letter, taehyung opened it and started reading it,

Letter:

Dear taetae,

Before saying anything, I want to let you know that I love you. I love you alot! You might reject me after reading this taehyung but please don't end anything between us. I have been in love with you since the starting of our first year.

I realised it later when I had a conversation about my feelings with jimin. I tried so many times to let you know that I was in love with you but guess I never could muster up the courage.

Today, I decided I would confess even if you start to hate me. I wouldn't stop loving you ever. And I am serious about us.

Please accept me?

(Ps. A small secret: I have stored all those letters in my closet. I want to show those to you after you say yes to me. Even if you say no, I still would want to show you those.)

- yours kookie.

"He was going to confess?" Taehyung broke down falling on his knees as he cried hard.

Why didn't he know about this?

"Why did you leave me then jeon jungkook? How could you leave me like this?"

That day, taehyung not only lost his childhood best friend but also the person he loved so much. He was late, really late to realise his feelings for the boy who already left the earth.

End of flashback.

"I wish I weren't this late to realise my
love for you."

He sighed and kept the box inside his closet. Shutting it forever.