Six~Fangirls. Aren't. Runners.

"Sometimes you gotta bleed to know that you're alive and have a soul."

-Tear in my Heart by Twenty One Pilots

_________________________

"Your foot is definitely your most important limb."

"You can live without your foot, what about your hand?" These were the things we discussed, no wonder we weren't cool.

"Think," Libby started. "Your two feet are the only things keeping you up, they have to hold all of your weight, those tiny little things."

"Your foot may transport you, but your hand does everything for you," Riley protested. "You can even use your hands to walk."

I kind of wish I lost a foot right now, then I wouldn't have to go to track tryouts which were starting in twenty minutes.

"E, which is better, Hand or foot?" Riley asked.

I snapped back into reality. "Um, hand."

"Haha, I win." Riley teased. Whenever there was a decision between Riley and someone else, you picked Riley. She always had to be right. "So, Erica, I know you don't like to talk about it, and you're keeping it on the down low, but how is our celebrity friend?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Horrible. He is a complete disaster that gives me anxiety. I think I am going to start taking drugs."

She frowned. "But he's Jax."

"Exactly." I muttered.

My heart picked up speed when I saw Drew jogging towards me, smiling. Libby and Riley started squealing quietly and I slapped them to stop.

"You ready?" He had told me that we could walk to tryouts together.

I nodded and we started walking to the track, which wasn't far from where Libby, Riley, and I were standing.

"Nervous?"

"That's an understatement."

"You'll be great, you're an amazing runner."

I smiled weakly. Nervous really was an understatement, my stomach was churning, my hands shaking, and it wasn't even that hot out and I was sweating like the Shadow and Bone producer finding out I was spending time on his set.

We came to the track, where about twenty kids were stretching and jogging around the track, preparing for tryouts. Why was I doing this again? I hated running, probably wouldn't make it on the team, and I looked like a wounded chicken when I ran.

"Boys in lanes one through three, girls in four through six!" The coach called

"Good luck." Drew smiled at me and jogged off to his lane.

Coach Palmer explained to us how tryouts were going to work and took roll call, he said that this group was less than last year, was it just me or did more kids seem to be arriving by the second? Was it just me or did it keep getting hotter?

"Let's start with two laps around the track, go!"

I was third in line in lane five and almost ran into the girl in front of me I started sprinting so fast. Why was I so nervous? It was just running and it was just warm ups. Maybe it was all of the pressure to impress Drew. I watched as he ran easily at a steady pace, leading lane two, his calf muscles tightening as each foot hit the ground. I tried to follow his moves, he was doing really well. I swung my arms lightly as each foot hit the track then bounced back up again. This was easy, one foot in front of the other. It was just running.