A god getting beat up by a 13 year old (*not clickbait*)

A COAST GUARD picked them up, but they were too busy to keep them for long, or to wonder how four kids in street clothes had got out into the middle of the bay

A COAST GUARD picked them up, but they were too busy to keep them for long, or to wonder how four kids in street clothes had got out into the middle of the bay. There was a disaster to mop up. Their radios were jammed with distress calls.

They dropped them off at the Santa Monica pier with towels around their shoulders and water bottles that said I'm a junior coat guard! And sped off to save more people,

Their clothes were sopping wet, even Percy's who was supposed to be waterproof. Upon seeing him looking as much like a wet dog as she did, Harmony didn't complain about her clothes getting wet. Percy was also barefoot, because he'd given his shoes to Grover. Better the coast guard wonder why one of them was barefoot than wonder why one of them had hooves.

After reaching dry land, they stumbled down the beach, watching the city burn against a beautiful sunrise. Harmony felt as if she'd just come back from the dead- which she had. Her heart felt heavy, from thinking about how close she had been to her father agin and from leaving Percy's mother behind.

"I don't believe it,"annabeth said. "We went all that way-"

"It was a trick." Percy said. " a strategy worthy of Athena."

"Hey," the braided haired girl warned.

Harmony sighed tiredly. "Annie, you get what he's saying, don't you?"

Her best friend dropped her eyes, her anger fading. "Yeah, I get it."

"Well, I don't!" Grover complained. "Would somebody—"

"Percy..." Harmony said softly. "I'm sorry about your mother. I'm so sorry..."

When her father passed everyone said they were sorry and she hated it. They weren't the ones who killed him. She wanted to say something else but that's the only thing she could come up with.

The son of Poseidon looked at her, his eyes showing all the pain he was feeling. Harmony reached up and squeezed his arm. He didn't said anything, the brood on his face was permanent. The wound was too raw for him to talk about.

"The prophecy was right," Percy said as she retracted her hand. "You shall go west and face the god who has returned. But it wasn't hades. Hades didn't want war between the big three, someone else pulled off the theft. Someone stole Zeus's master bolt, and hades's helmet, and framed me because I'm Poseidon's kid. Poseidon will get blamed by both sides. By sundown today, there will be a three-way war. And I'll have caused it."

Grover shook his head, mystified. "But who would be that sneaky? Who would want war that bad?"

Percy stopped in his tracks, looking down at The beach. "Gee, let me think."