Chapter 02: The day after

Remember: Separate fiction from reality. ‼️

"Hi mads"

Cal greets Maddie with a smile right after she steps in front of the door of Maddie's house. Maddie also greets Cal with a smile—a smile so sweet, sweeter than honey and chocolates combined. Both of their hearts are beating at a fast pace as they are both enticed by each other's graceful presence.

"Cal! you're so early today ha, that's so not you calli. Baka nagpapagoodshot ka lang sakin ha para lang mapa oo mo ako that's not nice cals."

Maddie teases Calleigh, as the latter arrived earlier than usual. Palagi kasing pinapasakay ni Cal si Maddie sa sasakyan nya kapag papunta o pauwi sila galing sa school. Cal was never this early. Usually, Cal would wait for Maddie to text her na magpapa pick-up na ito.

"Ihh I'm just excited to see you Mads, I finally got to tell you how i feel. And, alam mo ba hindi ko inexpect na sa ating dalawa ikaw yung magco-confess. I really thought that it would be me."

Calleigh says it with a joyful tone in her voice .Hindi talaga sila makapaniwala na they both feel the same way for each other.

"Crazy right? sa tabi pa talaga ng daan while it was raining. I'm shocked na we're both okay and hindi tayo nagkasakit after standing in the rain for too long."

Maddie says.

"Ang drama naman natin"

Maddie says this while laughing. And Calleigh just stares at her in awe because she finds the woman standing in front of her really attractive, especially her voice. 

"I can't believe that I am finally courting the girl I've been in love with since day one. This feels surreal, Maddie."

Cal says this joyfully while looking at Maddie. Her Maddie. 

"If you can't believe that you're courting me, then how about me? I have been keeping my feelings hidden since the day I confirmed that I love you. And now, you're finally courting me? I am living the dream, Cal."

Maddie states.

"I know right"

Cal says as she laughs like an excited little child who got rewarded with ice cream after behaving.

"Medyo natatagalan na tayo sa pagtatayo calli, di pa ba tayo papasok sa sasakyan? we're gonna be late if magiging cheesy lang tayo dito."

Pang-aasar na sabi ni Maddie.

They're both happy, that's all. They have been keeping their feelings hidden for too long. And now that both of them know that their feelings are mutual, happiness is an understatement of what they actually feel. It's the kind of feeling where you are content, at peace, and in love. That's what they feel.

"Let's go na"

Calleigh says.

Maddie was about to open the door of the passenger's seat when Cal suddenly opened it for her with a calm smile.

"Sus, baka sa simula ka lang magaling sa ganito ha."

Maddie teases Cal. But Cal knows that Maddie might be doubting her, as the latter had already been hurt by a lot of guys, which caused her to have serious trust issues.

(Men are trash, I know.)

As soon as Maddie and Calleigh arrived at school, they headed to their classroom. They both find their friends gathered in the corner of their room. Probably talking about something that's not serious. Again. That's what makes the eight of them get along. Even though they are in two different friend groups, when the eight of them are together, it feels like they are in one friend group.