Chapter 1

It was 5:30 am, half an hour after the captain had woken up, he was in the middle of a refreshing cold shower to wake him up the octo-alarm went off. 

Captain's POV:
         "Ugh of course" I said aloud to myself as I grabbed a towel and left the shower and went into my room, I had to get changed quickly so I wouldn't be late.  I threw on my uniform and ran to HQ, with my hair still wet.
          When I arrived at HQ I saw Kwaizi standing there looking sheepish while Dashi and Tweak staring hard at him.  Shellington and Peso ran in right after myself, both equally as unsure of what was going on as I was.
          "Well?" I asked the room,
"Oh gee cap, where to start?  It would appear our cat friend here woke up a little to early for his liking, got bored, and so he decided to wake us all up with the octo-alert!"  Teak practically spat,  "is this true kwaizi?" I asked, it was a known rule not to sound the alert unless it was emergency, so I hoped it wasn't the case.  "It's kinda true m'earty but not really! You see.... I did wake up early, and so I went down to see if the vegimals were awake and they were, so we were playing tag when I accidentally tripped and banged into the octo-alert, I'm really sorry captain..." kwaizi hung his head upset.  "Kwaizi! You must be more careful! Remember, you are not the only one on this ship, we all have to be mindful of one another." I was trying to be understood but to be honest I just wanted to go dry my fur.

Kwaizi's POV:
   Of course he doesn't understand... nobody does but especially not the captain. I don't know what it is but lately the captain seem so much more strict with me than everyone else, I'm getting really fed up with it.
     "Right, back to bed everyone, and I will see you all in a few hours." Captain said while walking off.
       "Aye-Aye sir" dashi replied, clearly happy to be going back to bed.
Everyone else trailed off, just leaving me and my thoughts, "I wish everyone loved me as much as they love the captain. I just don't know what to do!" I said to myself. 
      After a while, I slinked of to bed myself.

5 hours later
3rd person POV:
             The octo-alert went if for real this time, it was an octopus trapped after a small rockslide.
             "Myself and Kwaizi should be able to deal with this ourselves, everyone else, stand bye incase we need you." The captain instructed.
              Kwaizi and Captain barnacles got into the gup A and set off.

Kwaizi's POV:
     I'm getting so fed up now, he keeps trying to make conversation as if he can't tell I don't want to talk to him,  I can't deal with him anymore, everyone's favourite, everyone's hero! They all love Captain Barnacles, no one ever thinks about little old Kwaizi anymore........

3rd person POV:
    As the gup A was weaving in and out of rocks, Captain Barnacles kept trying to start up the conversation, only to be stuck down by Kwaizi each time.  The captain figured it was best to ignore it and deal with it later, considering they were on their way to rescue an octopus.
      When they got to their destination, they realised how unsteady the rocks above them had become.   
      "Alright, Kwaizi, you talk to the octopus and see how we can get him out the best way." Captain barnacles instructed while getting out of the gup.

Kwaizi's POV
"Aye aye" I replied, rolling me eyes when he couldn't see me. I honestly don't know what's gotten into me put lately the pressure has just gotten too much, the captain wouldn't understand, he barely does anything! Just sits around and gives orders...
I swam over to the octopus, after talking to him, I figured out his name was olly and he was on his way out of the cave when he banged against the wall and rocks started to fall, he seemed very nervous so I didn't ask to many questions, only if he was hurt, he said no but that he was just stuck. I called over to the captain, "Captain, Olly here is grand so I'm just gonna pull him out".

Captain Barnacles POV:

I could tell Kwaizi was still upset although God only knows what about!  I thought hanging back and letting him feel more in charge would be a good way for him to feel better.
I heard him shout over to me about pulling Olly out, that was a bad idea and I knew it, he hadn't checked the stability of the rocks yet and he was about to put himself into huge danger.
"Kwaizi wait!" I shouted after him, swimming frantically, it was too late, he had already pulled Olly out and I heard the rocks begin to rumble.
I saw a big boulder fall just next to Kwaizi and Olly swam off. I reached Kwaizi, "KWAIZI! Are you ok?!" I asked,
"I'm fine captain" he replied, was that an eye roll I saw? What was going on with him?!
There was no time to ask because just above Kwaizi, a massive boulder began to fall.... I leaped towards him to try push him out of the way.