The snow was red

What is a barrier anyway?

What does it protect? What does it shield?

Trembling Nos can turn to Yeses?

Is that normal? Is it a true confession of acceptance?

What does it mean to have purity?

What is so pure about being untouched?

What is so important, above all, about such concept? For kings to wage wars over nonvirgin daughters? For kings to wage wars over virgins?

What is so great about it's unfairness? The youngest victim is a newborn baby and people still spread nonsense about sanctity?

What happens to us when we bleed?

What's wrong with us bleeding?

The church says it's a display of our impure desires while a mother teaches that it is the greatest first step to womanhood. Simultaneously confusing.

We curse Eve for eating the apple but it's the "Almighty" who laid her bare and unknowing. How was she to know it was wrong without her even eating the fruit? How would we?

And we curse continuously the vulva that tempts the opposite sex.

Blood seeps through anything it touches. It clings to show it existed. Blood of man, blood of animal, blood of plant.

And the snow, so pure and white—because darkness is assumed for danger—melts crimson.

A woman lays waste to existence, as does it to man.

If She isn't allowed a barrier, curse the thing within her she does as well, then to her purity must forgo. Immunity to the lust of life examines her always and breathes the same, disdain.

She is.

The snow turns red for all but her own sake.

And she turns red for no claim at all.