The Face Stealer

It was a dark and stormy night and I was laying in bed reading a book. I could hear the echoing thunder and the rain as it smacked against my window. I didn't mind it at all.

But all of a sudden I heard someone ring my doorbell. I sighed and got of out my comfortable bed and hurried downstairs. I carefully opened the door to see that there was nobody there.

I looked around for a while before closing the door, brushing it off as just being some annoying kids ding-dong ditching.

I did find it kind of odd that a couple of kids would be outside in such a weather. But I forgot about that shortly after I saw a package on my kitchen table. Strange...that wasn't there before.

I slowly walked towards it. When I was about a meter away from it I heard a loud tap on my living room window. I jumped and with wide open eyes, examined the window.

My eyes pierced the window as I slowly made my way to the gift on the table. It was a pink box with a glittery red bow wrapped around it. I loosened the tie and opened the box.

Inside was two polaroid pictures of my house. One was just a plain photo of it and the second one had a red circle around my front door and a text that read; Open the door.

I could feel my heart stop beating as I heard the doorbell ring yet again.

- Is this a prank!? I yelled out with a shakey voice.

The doorbell just kept ringing. Ring...ring...ring.

I made my way to the door very slowly. The sound of the doorbell was piercing my ears. My shaking hand turned the lock and the door opened slowly.

On the other side there was a tall man. His legs must've been about two meters long and his arms almost reached his feet. My heart dropped as I saw the strong moonlight peek through the big holes in his torso.

- Hello... The creature said.

He looked like he was some kind of circus actor.

- Who, I mean, what are you? You could hear the fear in my voice as I pushed those words out.

- I'm...a friend. He bent his arm in a chilling way so he could shake my hand.

I just stood there and watched his smile get bigger and bigger every second.

- What do you want?

He put his arm back in place and pushed me aside, entering my home without permission.

I couldn't find the words to say. What was there to say anyway?

I turned around although I didn't dare to look up at him or...it?

I could see his feet coming closer to me. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.

He held up the face, right infront of my watery eyes.

- Do you want to switch? His dark voice almost echoed through my house.

- Switch...what? I whispered.

- Our faces!

His hand lingered up my neck and then up to my left cheek and started peeling my face off...

- Reporting live...we have been notified that yet another case of the infamous Face Stealer has occured. The news reporter informed.

The Face Stealer turned the Tv off. He then walked to his bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Admiring his new face.