Chapter 25 Baoshan Village

It must be said that Shen Jiyao's luck is always very good. He followed the field ridge for a few steps and found a lower place to get out of the field. Then he patted the hem of his clothes that had touched the soil and was about to move forward. After a quick glance, it was at this glance that he discovered a good thing on the overgrown field ridge.

He stared in disbelief, and hurriedly stepped forward to look at the heart-shaped leaves, and he suddenly felt happy.

It turned out to be Houttuynia cordata! Commonly known as Zheergen in my hometown, this is a good thing. It is not only a medicinal material, but also a dish with a unique taste. It is delicious with anything, and it is also good when mixed with black bean sauce! Shen Jiyao looked around and found that the field ridge was covered with vines with folded ears!

This was simply a huge harvest. Shen Jiyao, who had never expected to gain anything, laughed in surprise. He quickly took out the sickle from the basket without thinking too much. In his eagerness, he did not forget Lan Qianjue's words. He was told to sweep the weeds in this area with a sickle first, and after making sure there were no snakes or insects, he started to dig up the weeds and dig out the roots of the ears.

It is difficult to dig out the root of the ear. It is almost impossible to dig out some roots with a sickle. Moreover, the soil on the ridge of the field is hard. Shen Jiyao dug for a long time, but he only dug out a few roots, and they were still broken, but he couldn't. Not to mention that the roots of the folded ears on this field ridge are growing very well, thick and tender, which is really pleasing to the eye.

Although it is a little more difficult to dig, Shen Jiyao does not intend to give up.

When digging out the ear root, you need to follow its veins, otherwise it would be a pity to accidentally break it. When Shen Jiyao was working hard to break through, he vaguely heard a weak cry for help coming from the distance.

Shen Jiyao was excited. He stopped what he was doing and straightened up to look around. He pricked up his ears to listen, but there was no movement. He frowned and was confused for a moment before planning to continue picking at the roots of his ears. When he heard the cry for help, It rang again, and sure enough, someone was calling for help! Shen Jiyao was heartbroken. He put the sickle on the field ridge, still holding a few folded ears in his hand and reluctant to put it down. He climbed up the field ridge several times and looked around for a while, and saw a famous rice plant on a field ridge not far away. The old man covering his body was lying on the ground, waving the crutch in his hand as if to drive something away.

There is really someone, no wonder I didn't see it just now. It turned out to be covered by rice. Shen Jiyao squatted down and picked up the sickle. He still couldn't bear to let go of his folded ears in his hand clasped around his abdomen. He hurriedly walked to the old man. Next to me, before I asked the old man what was wrong, he saw that his exposed toes, which were wearing straw sandals, were tightly bitten into his mouth by a snake as thick as a thumb, with a green body, black head, and red neck. The old man was hitting it with a cane. .

When Shen Jiyao saw the shape and color of the snake, his expression suddenly changed. He knelt on one knee and put the folded ear root aside. Then he stretched out his hand to steady the old man and said, "Don't move! Wait until I chop it."

The old man did as he was told . When he stopped moving, Shen Jiyao raised his sickle and slashed it down with a sharp knife. The snake was instantly cut into two pieces. The snake's mouth was still tightly biting the old man's toes, which showed how deep the bite was. It seems that wearing straw sandals still has certain risks. , Shen Jiyao thought, he would have to buy more pairs of cloth shoes for Lan Qianjue in the future. He would no longer be able to wear straw sandals even when going to the ground.

Shen Jiyao didn't move the snake's head. He touched his body to find a piece of cloth to tie the old man's feet but couldn't find any. He picked up the hem of his clothes and hesitated for a moment. Finally, he felt cruel and raised his hand. He used a sickle to cut a piece of cloth from the hem of his clothes, rubbed it tightly, and then tied it around the old man's ankles to prevent the poison from spreading throughout his body.

"It's okay, it's okay." The old man's voice was trembling but calm. He raised his hand to stop Shen Jiyao's move and said, "This snake is not poisonous, so there is no need for this."

Shen Jiyao blocked his hand and pulled away. After the trousers came up and wrapped the cloth strip tightly around his feet, he said seriously: "Who said this snake is non-venomous?! I also know the red-necked snake. Everyone thinks it is a non-venomous snake and it will die in the end." Only then did he realize he regretted it." He thought that his brother-in-law died after being bitten by this thing but not taking it seriously.

The old man was shocked by his momentum, so he stopped resisting with a mentality of rather trusting him than trusting him. After he finished it, he looked at him. He was surprised by this look, and he pointed hesitantly. He looked at the lotus mark on Shen Jiyao's forehead for a long time before saying: "You, are you a famous brother?"

Shen Jiyao frowned without any trace, and did not answer, but said: "You are a famous man?" Which village? I'll find someone to carry you back for treatment."

"No, no, just help me pull out the snake's head. I'm old and my body is not flexible enough to reach it." The old man was about sixty years old. With a rather serious face, he smiled and said: "By the way, please give me a hand, little brother, I can go home by myself."

Shen Jiyao frowned, obviously a little uncomfortable with his indifferent attitude . Yue, he said: "If you believe me, just wait here, don't move around, and don't untie the cloth on your feet. This snake is really poisonous. If you move it, the poison will spread. Can you tell me which one it is?" Villager, I'll go to your village to find someone to carry you."

Seeing that his expression was serious and his attitude was correct, and he didn't seem to be joking, the old man didn't dare to move anymore. Although he was already buried up to his neck in loess, He still could not face death calmly and fearlessly. No matter who he was, he would be afraid before death came. He said: "My home is in Baoshan Village. It is behind the woods in front. Don't go into the woods. Just walk straight along the field ridge." , I saw a big thorn bush, go around to the back and you will find the way into the village."

"Okay." Shen Jiyao said, "Take the sickle, you can use it to defend yourself. If there is any poison, you can protect yourself. , I'll be back as soon as I go, don't move around."

Shen Jiyao said and handed the sickle in his hand to the old man. The old man took the sickle and nodded and said: "Don't worry, little brother, I won't move around. Go quickly." Shen

Jiyao nodded and turned to leave. The old man shouted again: "By the way, if someone gives you trouble in the village, just tell him that Zhang Yuesheng called you."

Yao said without looking back: "I know."

The old man nodded, looking at Shen Jiyao's back thoughtfully with pleased eyes.

It turns out that Brother really exists in this world, it is not a legend, and it seems that Brother is still pregnant. Although Brother's existence is very mysterious, not to mention the mark he was born on his forehead, he is obviously a man, but he can still... Although he was ostracized by the world for having a son, he was still a living person after all. Even if he was a bit weird, the old man didn't think it was abnormal. Instead, he was more filled with emotion and admiration. This person was smarter and more careful than ordinary people. It's not as miserable as the world says.

In today's world, there are not many young people who are not only good-looking, but also resourceful, thoughtful, and well-informed. Moreover, they are also the brothers that everyone looks down on. Don't they all say that the brothers are weak and incompetent? , but this man was so tough that no one could disobey him. The old man was happy thinking about it, and he sat on the ground and watched Shen Jiyao go away.

Shen Jiyao walked towards the woods ahead along the path pointed by the old man. When he walked outside the woods, he couldn't find the thorn canopy that the old man mentioned. Shen Jiyao looked around anxiously, and then found a place. The thorn canopy was found behind the dense trees. Is there anything shameful about this Baoshan village? It is just an entrance. Is it necessary to hide it so tightly? Shen Jiyao was speechless. He passed through the thorn canopy several times, but I discovered that there was another cave behind.

Behind the thorn canopy is a flat and quiet path in the forest. On both sides of the path, there are a row of sharp wooden stakes cut into sharp points that extend continuously. They must be used to guard against wild animals in the forest. I didn't expect that the people in Baoshan Village would still be there. With such a mood, it is not only safe, but also quite comfortable.

Shen Jiyao quickly walked out of the forest through the forest path, and his eyes suddenly became brighter.

There is a hut not far ahead, with a simple plaque hanging on it reading: Baoshan Village.

This Baoshan village knows quite a bit about the fun of life, Shen Jiyao thought as he walked straight towards the village. Several houses in front gradually appeared in his sight. Before Shen Jiyao could go up and knock on the door to look for someone, there was something on his waist. Suddenly being held up by something, Shen Jiyao paused in his steps. Someone shouted from behind: "Who are you! Turn around."

Shen Jiyao turned around calmly, and the man behind him suddenly stared in shock. He couldn't move his eyes away from Shen Jiyao, and the stick in his hand even slipped. Shen Jiyao frowned, very disgusted with this man's reaction. He looked directly at the man coldly, cut to the point straight to the point, and said "Is Zhang Yuesheng from your village? He has been bitten by a snake and cannot move around. Please tell his family and come with me to carry him back."

The man still looked stupid, with his mouth slightly open. Shen Jiyao's expression, as if he had seen a fairy, made Shen Jiyao very uncomfortable. He didn't like others to make a fuss about his identity. Now that he was being looked at by this person so unabashedly, although he didn't dislike his face or mouth, he still felt uncomfortable. It doesn't mean that he likes to be infatuated with others, and the person who is infatuated with him is still a big and thick man.

"Hey." Shen Jiyao fiddled with the stick in his hand. Only then did the man react. His eyes were still dazed. He raised his hand and rubbed his face. He was not embarrassed by his reaction at all. He still looked at it carefully. Shen Jiyao, as if trying to stare him out of a flower, asked unhurriedly: "What did you just say?"

Shen Jiyao knew that he had a special status, so it was not surprising that he would be scrutinized like this, even though it was very Although he was disgusted by other people's eyes, he looked directly into the man's eyes without any pretense. His soft and beautiful face looked very cold when it was expressionless. The aura around him instantly became much stronger, and he looked impatient. He repeated: "Is Zhang Yuesheng from your village? He was bitten by a snake. Please tell his family to bring him back."

"Zhang Yuesheng?" The man frowned and thought for a long time before jumping up . The three-foot-tall man shouted: "The old village chief was bitten by a snake?! Wait! I'm going to call someone right now!"

Shen Jiyao looked at the man's running figure with a blank face, and then looked at him with some boredom. Looking at this village, it looks much better than Lianhua Village.

Before he could take a closer look, four tall men ran over on the village road not far away. The man from before pointed at Shen Jiyao and said, "Brother, that's what he said about your father being snaked." Bite."

The person who came was Zhang Tianwen, son of Zhang Yuesheng and the current village head of Baoshan Village. He looked at Shen Jiyao coldly and was obviously stunned when his eyes touched Shen Jiyao's face. His face was originally full of anger and suspicion. Suddenly he became softer and said: "You said my father was bitten by a snake? Where is he?"

Shen Jiyao did not explain much, turned around and walked forward, saying: "Follow me."

The group of people quickly Entering the path in the forest, someone was walking in a hurry and joked in a low voice: "Brother, this man seems to be a brother. Did you just see the mark on his forehead, but he is really good-looking." , no wonder your tone of voice is much gentler, hehehe."

"Don't talk nonsense." Zhang Tianwen said: "Don't you see the master?"

Someone else joked: "Haha, what is this? Do you care about this? , which means you can only come if you don't have a boss. Tell your brother, I'll help you solve it!"

Zhang Tianwen joked: "Are you willing to let me play with your mother-in-law? If you don't want to, I'll let my second brother give it to you. Except, that's not what it means."

The man said with a smile: "Brother, don't be ridiculous, it depends on whether my wife is willing to do it. Besides, you are probably not willing yet."

Zhang Tianwen said: "That's it. It's over."

The man flattered the horse and stopped talking angrily. The few of them walked quietly in the forest. The only sound in the forest was the chirping of birds and the rustling of the treetops.

Shen Jiyao listened to all the conversations of several people, his face became colder and colder, and he walked faster and faster. He just hoped to resolve this matter quickly and dig out his ears, otherwise Lan Qianjue would come later. Knowing that he didn't listen to him and ran around and went to other villages, he would probably have some ideas.

Shen Jiyao didn't realize that he had begun to care about Lan Qianjue's thoughts.

Several people walked to the place where the old man was injured, and the old man had fainted.

As soon as Zhang Tianwen saw his father lying unconscious on the ground, his expression suddenly changed. He hurriedly stepped forward and called out to his father but there was no response. The man on the side quickly said: "Brother, Uncle Zhang has a snake on his foot!"

When Zhang Tianwen heard this, he looked over and saw that there was really a severed snake biting his father's toes, but it was a dead snake. Zhang Tianwen was startled by the startled man and glared at the man first, then Pulling the snake off, he looked at the snake that was broken into two parts and breathed a sigh of relief and said: "Fortunately, it is a non-venomous red-necked snake. The old man just fainted and is not seriously injured. Thank you, little brother." I don't know where my little brother lives. Please give me

your surname. After settling down with my father, I will come to thank you." Shen Jiyao picked up his sickle and said, "There's no need to thank you. You can quickly find someone. Show it to him to see if it's true. Didn't you see that his feet are all black? Isn't this a sign of poisoning? That's it. Whether you believe it or not is up to you."

After that, he turned around. After leaving, Zhang Tianwen listened to Shen Jiyao and took a look at his father's feet. He found that the instep of his feet was really black and purple, with obvious signs of poisoning. He suddenly panicked and had no time to take care of Shen Jiyao. After getting on his father's side, he ran towards the village.

Shen Jiyao took a few steps, but always felt that something was missing. After a moment, he realized what he was doing and went back to pick up the folded ear root that he had thrown on the ground.

He spent a long time digging on the field ridge, and finally dug out a handful. Shen Jiyao's waist felt sore and swollen. It seemed that digging without a hoe would be impossible. He looked up at the sky and estimated that Lan Qianjue was It was time to come back, so I climbed up to the edge of the field and planned to cut some grass and then go back.

He walked to the ditch that was more than three feet wide, cut a basket of grass, and walked back along the ridge.

Shen Jiyao got off the ridge and walked towards the village. He didn't realize that Lan Qianjue, who was holding a net, was coming down from the river ridge below. But Lan Qianjue over there saw Shen Jiyao at a glance.