Hi.

A/N: This is the first time I've ever written, sorry if it's like... horrible.

-LILA'S POV-

Hi.

My name is Lila Harem, I am 17 and attend Faze (It's a horrible name, it's based off a person or something)  May High School.  And it's... an adventure.

Let's track back to my first day of senior year.

-REWIND-

"Hey," I hear that dreadful voice over my shoulder.

I turn to find the man I despise the most, Damon Kiu, his last name might sound Chinese. No, he's fully white. Dimples, dark fluffy hair, and... a pretty good body. I wouldn't say it's the best, it could use some abs, but it was a starting point.

Wait.

Why am I even commenting on his body?

Back to the rewind... thing.

"Dude, go find your own locker." I snapped, I didn't mean for it to come out like that, but I wouldn't mind it.

"I have! I'm right here!" Damon laughed, pointing to the locker right above mine. Okay, yea, he was taller than me.. by only like 5 inches. I was 5'6, short, I know, and he was 5'11, even though he insisted on being 6'0.

My cheeks flushed, and I absolutely hated how they did. "Can't you request another locker? You know you like... hate me."

That wasn't true. I just gaslit myself into thinking that.

"Damn, Li, you know I don't." He grinned, pinching my cheek like I was his baby sister or something

I hated that nickname. Li?' Are you kidding me? You couldn't do any better? Lila is already shortened enough.

"Just..." I waved my hands awkwardly for him to leave me alone. He just shrugged and left, clapping his friend, Jason Myte, on the back.

Jason was hot.

And that's coming from me! You see, I'm scared of men, or... creeped out by them at least. I mean, who wouldn't fawn over that perfect body... and shaggy hair... and...

Damnit Lila!

I snapped back to reality, closing my locker and locking it, heading to my next class.

Nobody I knew was in my P.E. class, except for Jason. I wasn't complaining.

The first day, Mrs. Jame, my new P.E teacher, made us run. Not even an introduction? I guess not.

So, I'm a pretty slow runner, I have like... a 10 minute mile. But, now that Jason's here... I gotta be super athletic and... stuff. My body is pretty good as it is, because I actually worked out during the summer for a hot summer body to show off.

I sauntered over to Jason, who was surrounded by girls, but they left. I couldn't tell if they were scared or intimidated, or just disgusted. I grinned stupidly, and he grinned back.

"Hey, Li...?" Jason greeted, his voice wondering off at the last part of my name.

"Lola." I finished, then realized, "Wait- Wait- Lila." I said, in a super cool manner, the popular girls were laughing.

Jason laughed and ruffled my hair, what was it with guys treating me like that?

"Lila, yea, I know you." He said, rubbing my shoulder, his touch melted me. "Damon's friend?"

My self esteem plummeted being referred to as 'Damon's friend.'

"Lila is okay." I smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. I might as well hurl myself off a building now.

"Lila." Jason repeated, letting the name roll on his tongue, then shrugged and walked away. I'm going to crumble on the ground die.

-TIME SKIP-

After P.E., I leave. I couldn't take that day anymore, I'll meet my teachers tomorrow. As I was walking towards the creek near our school, I feel a cold, bony hand over my neck.

I know that touch.

He spins me around like I'm his wife and stared at me.

"What were you gonna do? Take a swim in the creek? I don't blame you, it is blazing.

He wasn't wrong, it was august in California.

"I might know that you've mentioned it." I said, shrugging.

He grinned, then just straight up pushed me in.

I didn't mind it, I can swim, and the current wasn't that bad. I just wished I took off my shirt first. The water felt nice, and the rocky bottom was six feet below me, so it didn't hurt.

"Wanna come in? See if you'll touch the ground?" I asked, grinning. I was referring to his height, obviously.

"I'll pass, you look good with your hair all drenched." Damon smiled, how much I wanted to punch him in his grinning face.

I rolled my eyes and simply stayed in the water, Damon jogging off to school again.

I kind of wish he stayed with me.