Chapter 10

I stood from the bed and approached Jake. "What do you mean by 'it is not good'?" I asked, anxiety could clearly be heard in my voice.

Jake rested his elbow on the desk and put his head on his hands. He stayed a few seconds like this, taking deep breaths to calm him down. I tried to look at his computer's screen to see if I could spot any clue about what happened, but Jake had already closed each file.

Once he regained his composure, Jake sat back in his chair and looked me in the eyes. He gently took my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I frowned, "What happened?" I asked again.

"I..." he sighed, "The contact I have just told me he couldn't get me the vehicle. It complicates everything. And that means, I have to go away sooner than I thought."

I looked at him in bewilderment, shaking my head. "No, no! But... Are you in danger? What do you mean by sooner?"

Jake stood and cupped my face. He leaned over me and rested his forehead against mine. I could feel his breath on my face, I could mostly feel his breath was uneven. He was as hurt as I was. "I am always in danger, you know it." He answered in a low voice. "But do not worry, it's not the first time something like this happens. I will find something." He quickly kissed me on the lips and then sat down behind his computer, gesturing to sit on his lap. He put his arms to each side of me and started typing fast on his keyboard, planting a few kisses from time to time on my shoulder.

"Last train to Berlin is at 11.26pm," he said quietly.

"Berlin." I repeated, "It's far away from here!"

"I know. But I need to lay low for a while. A couple of months, I guess." He put a hand on my cheek and turned me slightly on his lap so I could look at him, "You should go home. I will contact you as soon as I can and we will plan how to see each other again, if you still want to, obviously."

"Of course I want to!" I blurted out with a cracked voice, "you didn't even have to ask!" a single tear ran down my left cheek and Jake brushed it away with his thumb.

He passed his fingers on my lips and whispered, "I need to pack."

I nodded and stood up reluctantly. I looked at him while he was putting his laptop in his backpack. I went to the bathroom to check if my clothes were dry but Jake stopped me, "No need to give my t-shirt back, you can keep it."

I hugged myself clenching the soft fabric of Jake's t-shirt around my body. I tried to cheer myself up thinking I could keep something from Jake to go through these long two months without him.

Jake came closer to me and brushed a strand from my face. His deep gray-blue eyes stared at me with such intensity, it seemed as if he wanted to burn my face in his memory. He wrapped an arm around my waist closing the gap between us and he placed his other hand under my chin and lifted it up slightly. With slow movements, he bent his head down and kissed me.

I rested my hands on his chest feeling his heart beating so fast. Jake moved his hand from my face to my hair to deepen the kiss and we opened our mouths letting our tongues meet. Jake's hands traveled down my body and he grabbed the bottom of the t-shirt, took it off me and threw it across the room. I softly moaned against his lips as I felt his touch on my bare skin. Without stopping kissing him, my hands went down to unbuckle his belt.

We soon ended up both in bed. He leaned over me and I wrapped my legs around his waist to pull him closer to me. His skin was burning and so was mine. He started kissing every sensitive part of my body as I tightened my grip on him. I managed to reach his neck and nibbled his skin just below his jaw. He growled as his hands traveled up and down my body asking for more.