Six// I would love to see you in that

"I need your help," Marvin says. I close the fridge with my leg and make my way to the living room with a bowl of popcorn one hand and a drink in the other.

"One second," I say, trying as hard as I can to balance it between my shoulder and head.

I place the popcorn and drink on the coffee table and plop down the couch, taking my phone in hand and adjust it to my ear. "What is it?"

"It's Allison."

I smirk, looking for something to watch on TV. "You're finally going to admit your undying love to her?"

"I'm serious, Madison." He says, clear seriousness in his tone. "I really like her."

I settle on watching some Criminal Minds. I grab my bowl of popcorn and throw some in my mouth, I love popcorn so much it's not even funny.

"Then tell her."

Marvin sighs. "That's why I'm asking your help, dumbo. You're her best friend, right? So you must know what she likes. I mean, I don't know how to do this. Should I just tell her, or, should I do the kinds of stuff they do like, I don't know hold an 'I like you' sign on top of Mount Everest, or-"

I shake my head. The things love do to people. That's another reason why I don't bother to fall in love, it's too troublesome.

"Whoa, calm down," I say, munching on more popcorn. "It's not like you're asking her to marry you."

"I know, but how if she doesn't like me?"

I smile, Marvin never gets so nervous about a girl. "It's not like you've never asked a girl out before."

"I know but this is Allison we're talking about. The girl I knew since we were kids." He informs. "If she doesn't like me back, it'll ruin our friendship."

I see my brother sleepily making his way to the living room. He's still wearing his PJ's and his curly blonde hair is a mess.

"Just give it a try. But promise me one thing, don't hurt her, yeah?" I say, as much as I want them together, I still worry since Marvin is famous for his player ways. "I gotta go."

"You know I won't." He says before hanging up.

My brother plop on the spot beside me and grabs the popcorn bowl that was sitting on my lap. I glare at him. It's currently 12 PM, a Sunday. Ally and Marvin just went home a couple of hours ago.

"Rough night?" I say, taking a handful of popcorn from him.

He pops a couple of popcorn into his mouth, eyes on the TV screen. "You and you're friends were to loud last night. It makes it hard for one to sleep, ya' know?"

"I'm sorry?" I say. "Oh, did dad tell you about the dinner thing with the McAdams?"

"Yeah." He says with a not. "And a little birdie told me that you and that Dylan boy were getting comfortable on a motorcycle."

My eyes widen and my mouth gapes open, a popcorn dropping out of my mouth. "I didn-"

Will raises a hand to my face. "Shh. Can't you see that I'm occupied?" He asks, gesturing to the TV.

I roll my eyes. What a brother.

...

"Bro, you need to get a girlfriend," I state to my brother who's currently playing temple run on his phone. Do people even still play temple run? "You're like 24 and nope, none, nada, nothing."

He looks up and glares at me. "Says the girl who still thinks all boys have cooties."

"I do not!" I protest, punching his shoulder playfully.