𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Spottedsong slipped out of the camp, glancing over her shoulder once or twice to see if anyone was following her

Spottedsong slipped out of the camp, glancing over her shoulder once or twice to see if anyone was following her. She left the camp and began to run toward the direction of the MoonClan camp, relieved to finally feel the wind through her fur and her paws flying across the grass. It seemed like forever since she had gone outside of the camp since the attack from the MoonClan cats. Moonclaw had been captured then, and she knew that Dovesong was with her. So even though she refused to rescue Moonclaw, she knew that she had no choice if she was going to rescue Dovesong, too.

She could see Cloudsky and Frozenfang in the distance, heading toward the MoonClan camp. They had left to attempt to rescue Dovesong, according to what she had overheard from the medicine den. She had barely any time to escape the den, because Badgertooth was there at the time. But when he disappeared into the herb store, she found the chance to leave.

She knew that leaving was probably not a good idea, because after the attack, she had terrible headaches and had a hard time balancing. But if she could survive that vicious attack, she could survive a minor head injury, It probably wasn't anything to worry about, anyway. And even if it was, Spottedsong wasn't the type to give up because of an injury.

As she neared the MoonClan camp, uneasiness swept over her as she remembered the last time she came here. She had asked to join, but since she failed to kill Dovesong-who was Dovepaw at the time-Cypressstar had refused to let her in. But she was more prepared this time. If a MoonClan warrior stopped her, she would be ready.

She was hiding in the shelter of bushes, so hopefully a MoonClan warrior wouldn't spot her. Or any warrior, for that matter.

"Look what we have here." The hostile snarl came from behind Spottedsong. Her heart leaped in her chest. It was a MoonClan warrior. How'd they spot her? Spottedsong turned around. Nightshade was there, her blue eyes slitted. "What's the occasion now?"

"Nothing of your concern," Spottedsong shot back.

"I think it is if you're on our territory," Nightshade snarled. "Unless you'd like to be shredded here and now."

For the first time in a long time, Spottedsong felt intimidated. "F-fine. I was looking for my Clanmate."

Nightshade rolled her eyes. "Now you're looking for someone. Who?"

"I think you know who," Spottedsong responded. "If you don't take me in I'd gladly fight you for it."

"And lose? I doubt it."

"Is Dovesong here?" Spottedsong asked, baring her teeth and flattening her ears.

Nightshade flexed her claws on the earth. "Yes. But you won't be able to find her, much less rescue her."

"Yes, I will! She's my friend. I'd do anything for my friend," Spottedsong hissed.

Nightshade purred in amusement. "FrostClan cats," she scoffed. "So brave, yet so clueless. You have no idea what trouble you're getting yourself into, do you?"