Part Two

"This is Harridian. I need you to check him over, maybe give him a potion to get some meat on him," Remus said, and Severus gave a short nod, his eyes meeting Remus's before looking at the boy in front of him.

"Hey, there, little one," He said softly, "I'm just going to run a few tests, OK?" He said and Harridian nodded. Severus pointed his wand at him and cast a spell.

A piece of paper appeared and grew to about a foot before it stopped. Severus grabbed the paper and read it. "Well, He's malnourished, he has a few fractured bones that didn't heal properly but they can be repaired with a potion, his eyesight is also a bit bad, but a potion can fix that as well," Severus said, and Remus sighed, knowing they could be fixed took a weight off his shoulders.

"Oh, thank god," He said, as Severus went to his shelf and pulled out three potions.

He opened each vial and placed it next to the toddler. "Drink these, and you'll be just fine," he said, and Harridian drank the potions before lying on the table and closing his eyes.

"Whose child is this, Remus?" Severus asked, looking up at him from where he was crouched in front of Harridan.

"He's Lily and James' oldest," Remus told him and Severus looked at him in shock.

"Oldest? But didn't they just have Liam?" He asked, and Remus shook his head.

"No, Harridian is his older twin brother. After Liam was declared the boy who lived, it seems like they started neglecting him. I tried to help him where I could, but I didn't think it was this bad. I went over and checked on him, and he always looked fine. Today's his birthday. They were celebrating Liam's while Harridian was up in their dusty attic," Remus said, and Severus shook his head.

"Wow, I never thought Lilly would do such a thing," He said, disappointed in his childhood best friend.

"Yeah, me neither. That's why I can't let him go back there. But I don't know what to do," Remus said, and Severus nodded in agreement.

"You could adopt him," He suggested and Remus sighed.

"I thought of that, but I can't. I live with Sirius and I don't want Harridian to grow up in the kind of environment with a man-child who is so irresponsible," Remus told him.

"You could stay with me till you get a place; I moved back to my old house and fixed the place up," Severus offered, and Remus gave him a big smile.

"That would be wonderful, Sev," He said, and the potion master blushed at the nickname.

"How will you get them to give him up though?" Severus asked, and Remus smirked.

"Don't worry about that. Can you watch him till I get back?" The werewolf asked and Severus nodded before Remus apparated away.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 471

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 5 am

When are you reading this?