Part Three

Remus apparated inside Gringotts and made his way up to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" The female goblin there asked.

"I would like some adoption papers," Remus said and the goblin nodded, giving him a piece of rolled-up parchment and a charmed pen. The pen was so there wouldn't be any forced signings on the parchment. Remus took them and left.

Remus returned to Potter Manor just as everyone was sitting down to eat lunch. He walked into the room and glared at the three adults.

"Remus, where have you been?" Lilly asked, a smile on her face.

"Out, can I talk to you and James alone," he asked, and the three left the room.

"I want to take Harridian away," he said, getting straight to the point. The other two frowned.

"Why would we give him to you?" James asked, confused.

"Well, I was thinking that with Liam being the chosen one, Harridian might get jealous and try to steal his brother's fame or interfere with his training to defeat the dark lord. With Harridian gone, you don't have to worry about that," Remus said, and the two in front of him smirked brightly.

"Of course, that is a wonderful idea, Remus. Why didn't we think of that?" Lilly asked, and James nodded in agreement.

"We can go to Gringotts and get the papers, but not today. The other kids are coming for Liam's party in an hour," James said, and Remus pulled out the adoption papers.

"I already have the papers; all you have to do is sign them," he said, and the two happily took the papers from him and signed their son away.

As soon as they were finished, Remus took the papers and apparated to 12 Grimmauld Place; he packed his stuff and went back to Severus's potion shop.

He entered the backroom to see Severus and Harridian giggling at each other. "Remmy," the toddler exclaimed as he saw him.

"Hey, cub," Remus greeted back, ruffling his hair.

"So?" Severus asked, and Remus showed him the papers.

"All I have to do is sign and return it to Gringotts," he said. "But I want you to sign too," Remus continued, and Severus looked at him shocked.

"What? Why?" He asked

"I'm a werewolf, Sev. I'm looked down on in this world. With just me as his parent, he wouldn't make it too far, he needs someone else," Remus explained, and Severus nodded, understanding what he was saying.

"Fine, but I think a blood adoption should be done. That way they can't get him back, their blood will be wiped from him and replaced with yours," Severus said, and Remus agreed.

They both signed the paper and gave Harridian a new name before pressing the pen to the Gringotts seal on the bottom, making it go back to the adoption department in Gringotts.

Severus took two potions from the shelf and placed them in front of the two, "The darker one is for you as the parents and the lighter one is for him," Severus said, and Remus frowned.

"But there's only two, where's yours?" Remus asked and Severus looked at him confused.

"I thought you only wanted me to sign the papers," he said but got another potion for himself.

They did their blood adoption and watched as the toddler's features changed to match theirs, the only thing that didn't change was the lightning bolt scar on his forehead.

Deciding that enough was done for today. They headed home. "You and he can share this room until we get his ready," Severus said, showing Remus the room.

"Thank you, Sev," The wolf said, pressing a kiss to his cheek before entering the room and closing the door behind him.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 601

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 5:30 am

When are you reading this?