Part Four

Time skip to the first year and name change

Eleven-year-old Tobias John Lupin-Snape rushed down the hall of the Lupin-Snape household. He had a huge smile on his face as he burst into the office, where his dad sat cuddling his papa.

"Dad, Papa, I got it," He exclaimed, making the two look up at him.

"Got what cub?" Remus asked, slightly releasing Severus so that the other man could sit up properly. The two of them had been officially married for four years now.

"My Hogwarts letter," Harry said, showing him the still-sealed envelope. "Do you think Dragon got his letter too?" Tobias asked, climbing onto the couch and sitting between the two.

"Maybe..." Severus started but was cut off by a loud shout.

"TOOOOBBBBBYYYY," Draco's voice rang throughout the manor as footsteps rushed towards the office.

Tobias turned around on the couch and peeped over the back just as the door opened and a platinum blonde rushed in with an envelope in hand. "I got it," Draco exclaimed, rushing around the couch.

He sat on the floor in front of Tobias and held up the letter for him to see. "I got mine too, we can open them together," Tobias said, and the two ripped open the envelopes and read the letters, each having two pages.

Page one

'HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chief Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Lupin-Snape,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.

The term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall'

Page two

'HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for daywear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS:

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)

by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic

by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory

by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration

by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi

by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions

by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal vials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl, OR a cat, OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Yours sincerely,

Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus

Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions'

"Papa, do I really have to get a wand?" Tobias asked, and Severus shook his head.

They all knew Tobias was powerful. They had tested his magic and saw that it was higher than most of the people that they knew. He could already do advanced spells, wandless magic, and wordless magic. He was also very smart, read most of the books in the library, and was very good at potions, much to Severus's delight.

"You don't have to, but it would be odd if you were to turn up without one," Remus told him, and his Papa nodded in agreement.

"Mom and Dad are taking me tomorrow; we can go together," Draco said happily, as the two of them continued to talk about Hogwarts.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 558

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 6 am

When are you reading this?