The Beginning: Part One

I try my best to wake up on time this morning but my sleepiness will always win. "Adrien! You're five minutes out from being late!" My mom calls from downstairs. Honestly, I could care less if I'm late today, I'm sure that Chloe will be in my class yet again this year. Even with my pleads, my mom drags me out of bed and out the door. This is going to be the worst day ever.

Walking to school has got to be the worst part of any day, even with it being across the street from my parent's bakery. On the way I trip over multiple plants, about twenty humans, and probably got a few waiters fired. The second I step on the stairs I trip, and of course, right at Chole's feet. "Ew. Baker Boy is here..." She gives me a nasty look and walks away. That bitch... I sigh and get off the ground, and of course bump into Chloe a second time on the way through the door. "Damn it Adri-lame, stop bumping into me, I don't want rabies!" I step back and squint my eyes at her. "Chloe, you are nothing. Stop acting like you mean something." She scoffs and lets out a slight chuckle. "Listen here," She puts her finger on my chest. "I am everything, you are just a little low-life bit-" She gets cut off by this guy. He's holding his... phone? "Cameras rolling!" He smirks. Chole looks like she's going to explode. "Whatever. See you in class, Agreste." I sigh and smile at the boy. He walks over to me. "Hey, Adrien right?" I smile at his greeting, but it soon disappears when I realize that the only reason he knows me is because of the rumors that I'm a walking disaster, which isn't entirely wrong. "Yeah, and you?" The boy pinches the shield on his hat and nods. "Nino. You alright? That Chloe girl seems to despise you dude." I look down. "Yeah, not sure why though." He laughs. "Well she's kind of a bitch to everyone so seeing what just went down is honestly nothing new-" He gets cut off by the late bell. "Guess we better get to class." He gets a kind of panicked look on his face. "Yeah, probably." We run into class and are about to take our seats in the second row closest to the door when Chloe stops us.

"I don't think so, freak and camera freak. This is where I will be sitting this year." I look at her, a questioning look. "But why this year? You always sit in the very back. What's changed?" She gives me one of her obnoxious smiles. "What's changed is that my best friend is coming to school this year." Her minion, Sabrina, looks down at the thought of someone else being called Chloe's best friend, that poor girl, she deserves so much more that Chloe. "And who is this best friend?" She looks at me, this look makes me feel weird. "It's Marinette Dupain-Cheng." I give her yet another questioning look. "Who's that?" She scoffs at me like I just spilled cranberry on her Dupain sweater. Oh, Dupain-Cheng is hyphenated! Marinette must be Mr. Dupain's daughter. Ugh. She's probably just as stuck up as Chole, seeing as their best friends and all. "Of course you don't know her, you're a peasant, and she is a queen just like me." She smiles at her own self praise. "Whatever Chloe." I sit down at the very front, the seats closest to the window, by my friend Nino. Just before the lesson starts, a blue-haired girl runs into the classroom and puts her hands on her knees, she seems out of breath. Huh... that must be the model, I still can't believe the daughter of my favorite fashion designer is one of Chloe's friends. I pray she isn't like that brat. I get pushed out of my thoughts from Chloe shrieking and throwing herself onto the new girl. "Marinette! I can't believe you're here!" She points to the very front seat, the table closest to the door. "Here, sit here. Right in front  of me!" The pig-tailed girl looks slightly uncomfortable, but plays along. "Alright, Chloe, thanks."  She sits down, next to this awkward kid Alya. After about a minute of her walking into the classroom, I catch myself staring at her. Weird... why am I doing that? 

As the teach starts to take attendance, she stops for a second and I break my gaze from Marinette and look over at her. "You seem distracted, Adrien. Is this going to be a problem?" She points her pencil between me and Adrien, moving it back an forth. I go red from embarrassment. "N-no ma'am." She looks me up and down and spits out an "Okay." Jesus fuck, that was so embarrassing... After class ended, we were all supposed to go to the gym, but I wanted to stop by my house real quick to grab my books. As I was walking across the street I see an old man just standing there as a car is driving right towards him. I take all of my fear, throw it out of my mind and jump in front of him. Thankfully, the car stops before hitting either of us. I walk him to the sidewalk. "Are you alright?" He looks up at me and smiles. "Yes, thank you so much miss." Jesus fuck, I literally just jumped in front of a car and he all he says is thank you? "It's alright." He looks at his wrist as if he was checking the time, but he doesn't have a watch. "Shouldn't you be in school young lady?" Shit. School. I don't have time to grab my books now. "Yes, I should." I start to run across the street back to school. "Stay safe!" I yell to the old man. I rush up to the gym and sit down on the mat next to my friend, Nino. "You okay dude? You look really out of breath." I take one breath out. "Yeah, I went to go grab my books but this old man was just standing in the middle of the street, practically asking to get hit by a car, so I jumped in front of him." He widens his eyes. "Damn dude, you're a real hero." I scoff. "Yeah, if you say so. It wasn't really that heroic-" The gym teacher starts his instructions, then turns to me. "Agreste? Why aren't you changed?" I grit my teeth. Fuuuuuuck. Of course I forgot to change. "Sorry, sir. I'll go do that right now." He nods and I go to my locker, but to my utter shock Chloe, Sabrina, and none other than Marinette are already by my locker throwing my clothes, books, and all my other things. "Hey! What are you three doing?!" I take all my things from Chloe and Sabrina's hands, as well as picking them off of the floor. Marinette starts helping me pick up my things. "I'm so sorry about them I really tried to get them to sto-" I can't even stand Marinette's voice right now, I bet she was part of this whole thing. "No. I really thought-" I stop. "no, hoped you were different, but obviously you're just like Chloe." She looks at me, sad eyes. "Wait, I swear, I wasn't-" I get even more annoyed. "Just shut up! I don't care about your excuses. Just... stay away from me." She looks down, it seems like she feels terrible, but I cant console her after what I just saw with my own eyes. I grab all my things, stuff them in my locker and go change. I don't have time for that bitch Chloe today.